Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soundtrack To Your Angst

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

This pretty much capture my mood over the past week or so

and

I think I like this more than Bon Iver!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

I guess it wouldn't be very sensible to change my name to PearlJamJamJamJam...

^that video reminded me of this:

Dat drums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

This is such a sweet little song. Yo La Tengo are so amazing (and underrated).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I can't remember who it was that posted CHVRCHES a while ago (think it was either Cherry Blossom or Slow Show) but dear god I've gotten addicted to them since then. So good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Hi.

my continued claims that Florence Welch is the most important female artist of a generation won't stop. this is too perfect.
    in other news I recently mashed up a remix of one of her tunes with Niggas in Paris, seriously. Shout-out to Boards's swear filter for not filtering "niggas" for this purpose

FULL ALBUM POST oh my god guys Volcano Choir is actually twice the band that Bon Iver ever were and that's crazy good considering that I adore Bon Iver so much but this album right here is beyond my greatest expectations.
    the other members of Volcano Choir were in Collections of Colonies of Bees, but I've never heard of them before so someone remind me to pick up their album. Volcano Choir have a debut album too of course, which is also fucking wonderful. Here's a re-inrerpretation of sorts of Bon Iver's "Woods"

"oh my god I'm getting so emotional here :')" or something, this a song which makes me lose my ability to talk about music coherently and just fills me with glorious nostalgia and stuff right now, god I love it

CAN'T FUCKING WAIT FOR (mister) NOVEMBER. Shame I actually never heard this before I saw them last though! Definitely a favourite from the show too.

five videos because your rules are invalid
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xi5Qmhvqi_4
    "I am a sinner, who's probly gonna sin again..."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I can't remember who it was that posted CHVRCHES a while ago (think it was either Cherry Blossom or Slow Show) but dear god I've gotten addicted to them since then. So good.

Excellent.

OMG RADIOHEAD AAAAAAAAH SO GOOD ALL THE TIME NEVER GET OLD ETC. I decided yesterday while in the middle of a major binge that if I don't get to see Radiohead live before I die I'll look back on life as essentially being a waste of time. Heh if they said they were never touring again I'd probably bawl. Whenever it happens though it'll be friggin aaaages away, all signs are pointing towards them not even working on a new album until next year, stupid Atoms For Peace. :(

ANYWAY

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭MissD93

its been one of those days where i wish it was the nineties, i blame reeling in the years. i was actually upset i missed it today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

screw fairytale, this is proper pogues, debauched and frantic.

a horribly beautiful description of what i fear middle age will be like.

south african music is exquisite

I've just recently developed a great deal of admiration for Clapton and his style of guitar playing. He really feels the music when he's playing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Damn such good tunes being posted here! I haven't been here in ages mostly cos my laptop couldn't handle it but it seems to have got its sh*t together! So I have like a million songs to post but lets see can we keep it to 4...

Seriously cannot get enough of Radiohead how in the hell am I just now discovering them. SUCHADAMNTUNEOMFGAWWWWWD

BABIES GOT THE BEEEEEEEENNNDSSSSSSS....ahem.

Moving on, this. It's just Arcade Fire being epic.

Wilco are seriously just so f*cken cool!

And this, because it puts me in such a damn good mood and reminds me of ELECTRIC PICNIC IN LIKE 5 DAAAAAYYYSSS

Seriously cannot get enough of Radiohead how in the hell am I just now discovering them. SUCHADAMNTUNEOMFGAWWWWWD

I would looooove to be in your position, I remember the month after I properly discovered Radiohead (ignoring knowing songs like Creep, I heard Talk Show Host on Romeo and Juliet in 3rd Year and the obsession started there) possibly being one of the greatest of my life with all of the constant listening and the massive back catalogue full of so much brilliance. I don't have any words, I just really like Radiohead...

Better post a Radiohead choon for the sake of it so.

I never really "got" Radiohead. I've listened to OK, Computer and The Bends and, while I like songs of theirs, I don't understand why everyone thinks they're so amazing.

Now, before I get lynched, I'll post the two songs of theirs I really like:

I don't really know why I like that one. I got laughed at by a Radiohead fan when I mentioned that as a song of theirs I liked.

No explanation needed really. :P

I love it when I find a new band or singer that I like and then I get to go on an absolute binge of all their music! Hasn't happened in awhile though. In keeping with the Radiohead theme... what's everyone's favourite Radiohead album? Kid A or OK Computer would be mine. I know a lot of die hard fans seemed to dislike "The King of Limbs" but it's probably my 3rd or 4th favourite out of all of them tbh.

wnolan: Hang your head in shame young man! :P

Edit: none of the songs are showing up for me. :(

I love it when I find a new band or singer that I like and then I get to go on an absolute binge of all their music! Hasn't happened in awhile though. In keeping with the Radiohead theme... what's everyone's favourite Radiohead album? Kid A or OK Computer would be mine. I know a lot of die hard fans seemed to dislike "The King of Limbs" but it's probably my 3rd or 4th favourite out of all of them tbh.

wnolan: Hang your head in shame young man! :P

Edit: none of the songs are showing up for me. :(

Oh my gawd actual Radiohead discussing *faints*

My favourite is In Rainbows I'm pretty sure, if there was only one album I could bring to a desert island it'd probably be that. OK Computer probably follows and I don't know how I'd rank the rest, they're all so different. I'm feeling a lot of love for The Bends these days which I'd always kinda overlooked. As for TKOL, I don't dislike it or anything, it's quite good, but I think I just expected more after a four year gap.

Also yes Fitter Happier is a weird one to like wnolan but it certainly gives an interesting message. :p Listen mooooar. How could anyone not like this?

/fangirling

Honestly, I think that I'd like TKOL much more if Atoms for Peace released it, but it came after In Rainbows, one of my favourite albums of all time, and although the versatility is something I love about Radiohead (for instance TKOL, Kid A and In Rainbows all sound miles apart), I can't say that album was for me exactly. Even though Lotus Flower is just amazing.

All things considered it doesn't surprise me Thom is taking a break with AfP, but new RH is coming, and they've played several songs live that Thom said are pretty much confirmed for the new LP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Hehehe so much love for Radiohead! As I have just discovered them I've only listened to Ok Computer, once I discovered that I moved on to the Bends because I knew a couple songs off it already. Both are unbelievable and so different, it's crazy!

From reading this thread I think my next move should be In Rainbows yes? :D

There is just so many linkable songs I can't even begin to start.

Wnolan, I have to admit I did chuckle when I seen you link Fitter Happier, it's just strange :P Check out Karma Police and My Iron Lung, instant classics!

In Rainbows is my personal favourite but Kid A comes in second. I do love OKC too. The Bends, Amnesiac, HTTT, TKOL, and the TONS of b-side material are actually... all worth a look. I'm afraid I'm leaving stuff out here, so ask Slow Show for her knowledge with her "COM LAG EP" and stuff

I'd be lying if I told you I had more than In Rainbows on my iPod right now though, it needs some restructuring :P

I'm not a big fan of In Rainbows or Amnesiac tbh, although they both have some fantastic songs. I would have preferred In Rainbows if it was just the last four tracks. :pac: :o

I'd disagree, but hey, you've got Reckoner and Videotape in there, which are my two favourites :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

The last page of this thread is causing me to regret the fact that Radiohead completely passed me by.

Watching Biffy's Reading performance from last night...

Why didn't I go why didn't I go why didn't I gooo... :|

Only a few songs in but oh my god!! Looks amazing, and they look like they're having so much fun! Ben sounds unreal, and ah :O

Oooh a Radiohead discussion! I'm not a mega huge fan in that I haven't listened to every song they've ever recorded but they are so damn good! I kind of go through phases of not listening to them for months and then listening again one day and becoming obsessed for a few weeks. They're also my favourite band to listen to when I'm feeling blue. As seems to be the general consensus here, my favourite albums are probably The Bends (Black Star is my favourite Radiohead song ever) and In Rainbows.

I mean, this you guys, this. Who can't relate to the lyrics of this at some time or another:

and this, because it's sort of hauntingly sad and beautiful:

I'm inspired now to go listen to some of their material that I haven't yet heard.

Watching Biffy's Reading performance from last night...

Why didn't I go why didn't I go why didn't I gooo... :|

Only a few songs in but oh my god!! Looks amazing, and they look like they're having so much fun! Ben sounds unreal, and ah :O

Is it up on YouTube in High Quality?

Is it up on YouTube in High Quality?

No I'm stealing it from the BBC 3 iPlayer with a proxy. Because boards doesn't promote that kind of activity, I can't encourage you to do the same. But I will inform you that I'm having a lot of fun :-P

It probably will be on YouTube soon enough!

No I'm stealing it from the BBC 3 iPlayer with a proxy. Because boards doesn't promote that kind of activity, I can't encourage you to do the same. But I will inform you that I'm having a lot of fun :-P

It probably will be on YouTube soon enough!

Watching it totally legally and above board now. :P

Internet is terribly slow so only one song in so far, and apart from people in the crowd clapping totally out of time with the song, it was class!

Watching it though, it makes me really sad about RTE. Like, why can't RTE broadcast sets from Electric Picnic or Indiependence or something?

Though I suppose it might get in the way of high quality programmes like Masterchef, Eastenders, Shortland Street and Don't Tell the Bride. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

Watching it totally legally and above board now. :P

Internet is terribly slow so only one song in so far, and apart from people in the crowd clapping totally out of time with the song, it was class!

Watching it though, it makes me really sad about RTE. Like, why can't RTE broadcast sets from Electric Picnic or Indiependence or something?

Though I suppose it might get in the way of high quality programmes like Masterchef, Eastenders, Shortland Street and Don't Tell the Bride. :rolleyes:

RTE did an Electric Picnic TV show for just one of the earlier years. (May have been 2006) I enjoyed it at the time, dunno why they discontinued it.

RTE did an Electric Picnic TV show for just one of the earlier years. (May have been 2006) I enjoyed it at the time, dunno why they discontinued it.

Sure, why would they show some silly old world-class musicians, when they can broadcast a prime-time, 2-day lovely girls competition?

Colm! wrote: »
    In Rainbows is my personal favourite but Kid A comes in second. I do love OKC too. The Bends, Amnesiac, HTTT, TKOL, and the TONS of b-side material are actually... all worth a look. I'm afraid I'm leaving stuff out here, so ask Slow Show for her knowledge with her "COM LAG EP" and stuff

I'd be lying if I told you I had more than In Rainbows on my iPod right now though, it needs some restructuring :P

While we're here Colmster, have you ever listened to Disc 2 of In Rainbows? Some really good shizz on there.

I looove listening to Radiohead when I'm all sad. I remember for a lot of my early teen years I felt really restricted in what I could do and like everything I was really looking forward to was so far away (not anymore though woooo) and this song just really captured all of that. The lyric 'One day I am gonna grow wings' just really got to me and felt so applicable, still probably my favourite lyric ever. Rambling on, have I mentioned I love Radiohead? I used to say it was my favourite Radiohead song, kinda past all that angst now so maybe not anymore but still damn good. My favourite's probably Idioteque if anyone cares.

Can we actually discuss music more often plz? I'm all for link-sharing of great choons but it's actually really enjoyable to talk about the choons.

• Advertisement

A separate thread just for discussing music mightn't be a bad idea. I find it really hard to pick a favourite Radiohead song. If pushed probably Idioteque, Reckoner or Where I End and You Begin but it could be something different tomorrow.

Advertisement