Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soundtrack To Your Angst

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭MissD93

so in the last three months i met someone who completely changed my life, had an extremly intense relationship, we both fell madly and quickly in love for the first time.i broke up with him yesterday and he just sent me this song.. the feels
    someone come hold me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

I'M ON NEW MUSIC OVERLOAD! :D:D

While I wanted to post Cannonball, I mean come on!!! The Beatles meets The frickin Breeders?! Kim Deal <3

Well, I just couldn't not post Cannonball :P

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Burt Macklin

Haven't posted here in a while, but I can't sleep so why not?

Came across these guys fairly recently, good stuff

A bit of Talking Heads is always good too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Heard this guy's music for the first time on a podcast yesterday.

The song that was used:

Another cool track:

For some reason shefellover, when I first listened to Bros it reminded me of Suzanne Vega. :P

Jesus Workman's is an unreal club! The tunes they were playing was glorious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Jesus Workman's is an unreal club! The tunes they were playing was glorious.

wannabe hipster located

wannabe hipster located

They played Foals, Arcade Fire, White Stripes, Pixies, We Are Scientists etc etc, if that makes me a hipster then dammit I'll make the sacrifice!! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Isn't that down by the docks?

• Advertisement

Jhcx wrote: »
    Isn't that down by the docks?

Correct it's on Wellington Quay.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Stumbled across the setlist for The National's gig tonight in Cork, which I imagine will be very similar to what they play in Galway, and I am so very excited! I don't even know what song to link but man, I better link something so it may as well be my namesake. I will die when this is played.

Also turns out the support, Phosphorescent, are really very good.

Excited excited excited.

Slow Show wrote: »
    Stumbled across the setlist for The National's gig tonight in Cork, which I imagine will be very similar to what they play in Galway, and I am so very excited! I don't even know what song to link but man, I better link something so it may as well be my namesake. I will die when this is played.

Also turns out the support, Phosphorescent, are really very good.

Excited excited excited.

Phosphorescent are amazing and you just know the National are gunna be insanely good, and I can't go cos of work :(

Phosphorescent are amazing and you just know the National are gunna be insanely good, and I can't go cos of work :(

Whaaaaat I had just assumed you were going. That sucks, any way you could make it to one of the Iveagh Gardens shows at the weekend?

Whaaaaat I had just assumed you were going. That sucks, any way you could make it to one of the Iveagh Gardens shows at the weekend?

Nope, have to go home for some family crap :P

I am v upset. My only consolation is that I've seen them already, and that is very little consolation! Next time I guess :mad:

I'm sure you will enjoy it enough for both of us :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

I watched it from outside while my folks were inside at the gig :pac:

#SadChild

Sounded really cool from outside though, and I **** you not the birds were singing along with Fake Empire! Missed Squalor Victoria though which is my favourite of their songs live!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,903 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

I saw The National live earlier this week in Galway. It was fcuking amazing. I think it's the best gig I've ever been to. They were one of my favourite bands before, but my fan-girl dom has reached new levels now. There's something about being completely surrounded by people who adore the same music as you do, all singing along and having the time of their lives. That probably sounds really cheesy but the vibes were incredible. (Phosphorescent were pretty class too).

It ended just like this (only better, cause I was there):

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

It's nigh on impossible to not dance like an eejit when this is playing. bopping round my kitchen like nobodies watching.

#homeandawaysongs :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

This is a beautiful track.

RADIOHEAD PHASE :D

Beginning all over again, it has been FAR too long since I listened any of their albums.

It is impossible to pick what songs to post, only when you have to choose like 2/3 songs do you realise how insanely good they are.

Honorable mentions go to Paranoid Android, the entirety of In Rainbows and...well the entirety of The Bends (arguably their greatest album imo)

Question to any Radiohead heads, opinion of Kid A? I just haven't 'got' it yet.

RADIOHEAD PHASE :D

Beginning all over again, it has been FAR too long since I listened any of their albums.

It is impossible to pick what songs to post, only when you have to choose like 2/3 songs do you realise how insanely good they are.

Honorable mentions go to Paranoid Android, the entirety of In Rainbows and...well the entirety of The Bends (arguably their greatest album imo)

Question to any Radiohead heads, opinion of Kid A? I just haven't 'got' it yet.

You did good kid (with your choices). I actually can't say that I've fully 'gotten' Kid A either tbh, my opinion tends to be 'Idioteque aaaaaaaah' when it comes to mind but it's certainly something. But I probably need to listen to it a few more times from start to finish y'know.
    This is so hauntingly beautiful:

Y'know what are under-appreciated (even by me). Those two albums in the middle of their discography, Amnesiac and Hail To The Thief, apart from the obvious Pyramid Song/There, There/2+2=5. One of my favourite things about them is that just by shuffling their tracks on spotify or iTunes or what have you that I can suddenly discover some new, great track that I've overlooked in the past.

FRESH BINGE STARTING. Will they ever tour again?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I'm blaming An File for this.

I never "got" Radiohead. I like a few of their songs, but I find their stuff, I dunno, just not enjoyable to listen to on the whole. I think it's mostly the singer's voice irritates me.

That said, absolutely love these:

You did good kid (with your choices). I actually can't say that I've fully 'gotten' Kid A either tbh, my opinion tends to be 'Idioteque aaaaaaaah' when it comes to mind but it's certainly something. But I probably need to listen to it a few more times from start to finish y'know.
    This is so hauntingly beautiful:

Y'know what are under-appreciated (even by me). Those two albums in the middle of their discography, Amnesiac and Hail To The Thief, apart from the obvious Pyramid Song/There, There/2+2=5. One of my favourite things about them is that just by shuffling their tracks on spotify or iTunes or what have you that I can suddenly discover some new, great track that I've overlooked in the past.

FRESH BINGE STARTING. Will they ever tour again?

If they do ever tour I am there immediately. Can you imagine Radiohead live?!! It would be insanely good. The likes of Paranoid Android would be crazy!! Even Creep would be great to see for the sake of it. Of their albums I have yet to listen to Amnesiac, Hail To The Thief and King of Limbs, much to my shame. It's cos I'm always like, hmm I should listen to some Radiohead and then I'm all OMFG In Rainbows nowwwwww, or something like that. OK Computer also a masterpiece.

Gawd, we're totes musically in sync Slow_Show <3

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,903 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    I'm blaming An File for this.

On this occasion, I am very happy to plead guilty. :)

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I never "got" Radiohead. I like a few of their songs, but I find their stuff, I dunno, just not enjoyable to listen to on the whole. I think it's mostly the singer's voice irritates me.

That said, absolutely love these:

You should definitely check out their album The Bends. It's a lot more rockier and straightforward rather then their more...I suppose arty, out there stuff like Kid A. Then I find OK Comp is a nice mix between the two. Plus it predicts a world where we are ruled by machines, I mean come on, that's cool as **** :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

If they do ever tour I am there immediately. Can you imagine Radiohead live?!! It would be insanely good. The likes of Paranoid Android would be crazy!! Even Creep would be great to see for the sake of it. Of their albums I have yet to listen to Amnesiac, Hail To The Thief and King of Limbs, much to my shame. It's cos I'm always like, hmm I should listen to some Radiohead and then I'm all OMFG In Rainbows nowwwwww, or something like that. OK Computer also a masterpiece.

Gawd, we're totes musically in sync Slow_Show <3

The only Radiohead song I've ever listened to is Creep...memories.

Advertisement