Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soundtrack To Your Angst

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Cant tel if this song makes me happy or sad. but i just love it. Gives me great memories. Really love her voice and rest of her songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

And when I'm lying in my bed
    I think about life
    and I think about death
    and neither one particularly appeals to me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

So was at a family wedding this weekend. and was in a bar and they were singing some real songs that got the heart of everyone singing. so now ive ultimately just gone off and just fallen in love with all the songs i know.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Yesterday I was talking to my housemate about grown up subjects like buying a house, mortgages, interior design and kids. Today I made a grown up 3 course meal.

But it's when songs like this come along after I've had an incredibly sh*t afternoon that I'm reminded that I'm still an angsty as f*ck teenager at heart, because honestly, since discovering this track an hour ago, I can neither stop listening to it, or get rid of this ridiculous grin on my gormless face because it's made me so incredibly happy.

And f*ck it, while we're down the rabbit hole of happy clappy "We're all f*cking wonderful!" tracks, here's one from Emma Blackery which I may have shared here before, but sort of fits with the above.

See what happens when y'all stop posting stuff here? I'm forced to pollute this haven of hipsterdom with filthy pop music. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Colm?

I wanted to make a dramatic return to this thread having been gone from Boards for a while, but

"You cannot post with images, URLs or attachments because you are a new user."

anyway, I'm Colm?, the artist formerly known as Colm!.

I practically lived in this thread for a while, I do internet radio sometimes and I make more spotify playlists than is normal for humans

boards.ie and this thread played a huge part in opening my eyes to a lot of the fantastic music that I listen to, and after a strong nostalgia trip induced by visiting a long-abandoned last.fm account I had where all of the comments came from old friends from here

I spend my days praising Spotify's Discover Weekly playlists and anticipating Joanna Newsom's return and I'll post good stuff here once Boards trusts me

Colm? wrote: »
    I wanted to make a dramatic return to this thread having been gone from Boards for a while, but

"You cannot post with images, URLs or attachments because you are a new user."

anyway, I'm Colm?, the artist formerly known as Colm!.

I practically lived in this thread for a while, I do internet radio sometimes and I make more spotify playlists than is normal for humans

boards.ie and this thread played a huge part in opening my eyes to a lot of the fantastic music that I listen to, and after a strong nostalgia trip induced by visiting a long-abandoned last.fm account I had where all of the comments came from old friends from here

I spend my days praising Spotify's Discover Weekly playlists and anticipating Joanna Newsom's return and I'll post good stuff here once Boards trusts me

I gotta say, yours is one of my favourite ever rereg usernames. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Colm?

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I gotta say, yours is one of my favourite ever rereg usernames. :pac:

I got all of punctuation left as well. Look forward to me returning as Colm™ next time I angstily leave boards.

Well whats everyone think of of Adele's new track? I gave it a listen today and i think i just really dislike Adele's voice. But This version i enjoy. and i'll agree the song is a very good song and i think a lot of people can relate to it and i know i can but i'll give it another few years when i have more ex's on my shoulder

on another note im looking forward to the Corrs new single

• Advertisement

I heard the Adele song for the first time last night when it came on Spotify randomly.

I love it. I was so burnt out on Adele because all her songs have been so overplayed, but hearing a fresh track reminded me just how bloody good she actually is and how strong her voice is.

I'm also a huge sucker for songs that have a slow verse and then build up to a euphoric chorus.

I'm excited for the album I gotta say.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I've been really burnt out on Adele since Chasing Pavements was THE ONLY SONG ON THE RADIO FOR ABOUT SIX MONTHS. But I do like her new one, she's got a phenomenal voice.

That Corrs song is so 90s, I love it!

This is a beast of a "cover" too btw...

"Chewbacka needs his Han Solo!"

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Benny from Axis of Awesome is class on his own too!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Benny from Axis of Awesome is class on his own too!

These guys are amazing, only discovered them yesterday. Their genre is Dream Pop...which tbh sounds just fantastic, so would highly recommend to all...once the song gets going it's really, really good.

Give it to about the 1.50min mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Dvraiz

NiceA

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

Because this has been stuck in my head for dayyyyys.

Because Christmas

• Advertisement

One of my favourite songs by Paul <3 The main knew how to write a love song!

Only one thing for tonight.

Best of Bowie (2002). Both discs.

That'll do nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

The Hamilton Cast Recording is the best thing since sliced bread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

Have been listening to the gorillaz first album a lot lately.
    Makes a surprisingly Good soundtrack for cleaning my flat in the mornings

I feel like my life could be so much simpler, were I able to metaphorically frame my emotional fluctuations as motor vehicles in various states of pimpitude.

I lived with this guy last year who has since moved out. Good friend of mine. He'd been into dj'ing back in his twenties. So when he moves in he brought his decks and all his records.
    Couldn't bring them with him when he left so left all his dj gear behind. His brother took one of the turntables but the mixer, one table and all the records have been sitting behind my couch for nearly 18 months.
    Tried setting them up but there was a couple of cables missing so I left them alone;too lazy to go buy cables.
    I was looking for something tonight and came across the missing aux cables.
    Hooked it all up to my stereo and have spent the last hour going through the crates and picking out gems.
    Six Curleys crates(the ones that restauraunts get in veg and produce delieverys)
    There are hundreds upon hundreds of vinyl records just sitting here.
    Techno house, trance, hip hop, rock , blues , big band, orchestra.
    Thin Lizzy, Moby, Carl Cox, laidback Luke, Dr Dre, Gary Moore , Rory Gallagher, daft punk , Barry white, the carpenters, chemical brothers and that's just after sifting through the first crate.
    I have been sitting on a vinyl goldmine all this time. I'm a fool not to have gone looking for that aux cable sooner.

I lived with this guy last year who has since moved out. Good friend of mine. He'd been into dj'ing back in his twenties. So when he moves in he brought his decks and all his records.
    Couldn't bring them with him when he left so left all his dj gear behind. His brother took one of the turntables but the mixer, one table and all the records have been sitting behind my couch for nearly 18 months.
    Tried setting them up but there was a couple of cables missing so I left them alone;too lazy to go buy cables.
    I was looking for something tonight and came across the missing aux cables.
    Hooked it all up to my stereo and have spent the last hour going through the crates and picking out gems.
    Six Curleys crates(the ones that restauraunts get in veg and produce delieverys)
    There are hundreds upon hundreds of vinyl records just sitting here.
    Techno house, trance, hip hop, rock , blues , big band, orchestra.
    Thin Lizzy, Moby, Carl Cox, laidback Luke, Dr Dre, Gary Moore , Rory Gallagher, daft punk , Barry white, the carpenters, chemical brothers and that's just after sifting through the first crate.
    I have been sitting on a vinyl goldmine all this time. I'm a fool not to have gone looking for that aux cable sooner.

I'm majorly jealous. I have some vinyl, but it's mostly sh*tty Irish country music because most of my records have been blagged from family members who had collections in the 80's. I would kill for some legit 30's big band stuff though, the sort of stuff you'd want to hear in a smoking room populated with men in fine suits and prostitutes, all smoking Cuban cigars and sipping on whiskey.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I'm majorly jealous. I have some vinyl, but it's mostly sh*tty Irish country music because most of my records have been blagged from family members who had collections in the 80's. I would kill for some legit 30's big band stuff though, the sort of stuff you'd want to hear in a smoking room populated with men in fine suits and prostitutes, all smoking Cuban cigars and sipping on whiskey.
    I shall be hitting the milk market to relinquish all the punk and reggae records from The stall there shortly

• Advertisement

C&H breakfast bap meet up?

Advertisement