Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soundtrack To Your Angst

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I'm pretty sure I was there for that. The new dance was so vulgar that they stopped playing the song :(

I miss that tune.

Yep, you were. Me and Onion kept it real though :)

Music:
    I recently found these guys, Godspeed You! Black Emporer. Their songs are of epic proportions. This song supposed to be 22 minutes long, but youtube restrictions are smelly. The songs are more like albums, with so many different strands mixed in to each part. Very cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

A little different to my usual contributions, still epic though;

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

Jay P wrote: »
    Yep, you were. Me and Onion kept it real though :)

Music:
    I recently found these guys, Godspeed You! Black Emporer. Their songs are of epic proportions. This song supposed to be 22 minutes long, but youtube restrictions are smelly. The songs are more like albums, with so many different strands mixed in to each part. Very cool.

Just downloaded their discography there, loving it so far. It makes great music to study to!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

This song has been in my head all week:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

And in the streets: the children screamed,
    The lovers cried, and the poets dreamed.
    But not a word was spoken;
    The church bells all were broken.
    And the three men I admire most:
    The father, son, and the holy ghost,
    They caught the last train for the coast
    The day the music died.

thanks for posting....forgot how much I love this song.
    I love all the spoken bits too, the one at the start and at the end. You forgot I met a girl who sang the blue, and I asked her for some happy news, but she just smiled and looked away. And I went down the the sacred store, where I heard the music play before, but the man there said the music wouldn't play

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

A Neurotic wrote: »
    This song has been in my head all week:

The songs in the new series are woeful.

I got the boxset for my birthday last year...personal fave:

:D

and jumpguy funny story with those lyrics...I work in a petrol station and over the summer it was doing really bad and no one ever came in(they couldn't afford to buy the petrol to sell anymore, pretty integral in a petrol station, anyway....) I was mopping the floor singing those lyrics because I thought there was no one else in the shop...turns out there were three people waiting to be served at the till. When I finally shut up and ran to the till they all collectively burst out laughing....nearly died of embarrassment:eek:

I think that's why I forgot the song....my brain probably blocked it out, some moments are far too traumatic to be remembered!

and jumpguy funny story with those lyrics...I work in a petrol station and over the summer it was doing really bad and no one ever came in(they couldn't afford to buy the petrol to sell anymore, pretty integral in a petrol station, anyway....) I was mopping the floor singing those lyrics because I thought there was no one else in the shop...turns out there were three people waiting to be served at the till. When I finally shut up and ran to the till they all collectively burst out laughing....nearly died of embarrassment:eek:

I think that's why I forgot the song....my brain probably blocked it out, some moments are far too traumatic to be remembered!
    Ohhh that's pretty bad alright. Personally, if I was there, I would've joined in with you. Love that song.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

The greatest "that's so AWFUL it's FANTASTIC!" song ever!

OVerlord hates it, which makes it much more fun for me, because I get to sing it at him all the time!

Haha, it's playing in the background now, excellent.

"Things are never QUITE the way them seem :D"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,354 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Any Porcupine Tree is good, and I'm really liking them more and more by the second.

Heres video of drummer doing Futile at Modern Drummer event:eek: Can still hear everything else though.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    The greatest "that's so AWFUL it's FANTASTIC!" song ever!

OVerlord hates it, which makes it much more fun for me, because I get to sing it at him all the time!

Aaaargh, my ears! I'll ban you for trolling some day, we'll see who's laughing then Onion! :pac:

It's a fantastic song and you KNOW it!

WOOOAH-OAH-OAH-OAH Camouflage!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

Beautiful song I heard in the last episode of Scrubs. Love Peter Gabriel, he's got such awesome stuff (look him up, 80's music fans...)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Have had both songs on loop all day pretty much, especially the first one.

I love the instrumentals that frightened rabbit do on their albums, ****ing wonderful stuff. The first incident is vaguely sigur rosy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

andheartssemicolon those leaked demos.

jumpguy wrote: »
    Beautiful song I heard in the last episode of Scrubs. Love Peter Gabriel, he's got such awesome stuff (look him up, 80's music fans...)

Tch, he's no Phil Collins!

I love the instrumentals that frightened rabbit do on their albums, ****ing wonderful stuff. The first incident is vaguely sigur rosy...

Love that band. Was chatting to the lead singer briefly after the Modest Mouse show in Galway last week. Ridiculously nice guys.

• Advertisement

9.jpg

The best thing about that video is that you can hear the actual voices being picked up on the camera singing. Awesome song!

Tch, he's no Phil Collins!
    Haha!!!

And

I didn't like the next one at first, but it stuck in my head and I began to love it.

I do like Phil Collins, just Peter more. :D

I was going to put down the exact same post....great minds:D

I know I'm a big kid....this is the most played song on my itunes:o
    Words can't express how much I love love lovethis song!

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭syncosised

Easy Lover, nice. This is my kind of message board!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

Love that band. Was chatting to the lead singer briefly after the Modest Mouse show in Galway last week. Ridiculously nice guys.

I just saw this now....WHAT?! I never understand how people do this?! what were ye talking about if you don't mind me asking?! Did they play My backwards walk?

jumpguy wrote: »
    Haha!!!
    I do like Phil Collins, just Peter more. :D

Dam Sledgehammer, that song is class!

But no, Phil Collins is so much more 80s and cheesy and unreal!

I just saw this now....WHAT?! I never understand how people do this?! what were ye talking about if you don't mind me asking?! Did they play My backwards walk?

Yeah, no, I played it rather cool saying that there because for a few days after the show I was basically screaming at everyone that I'd met Frightened Rabbit :pac:

It was no great effort, they were the support band and apparently not a lot of Modest Mouse fans were all that into them. After MM finished up, FR were just at the back of the venue with a few beers, selling their own merch. Legends.

They were signing stuff for people and generally just hanging about, so my friend and I (mainly my friend, who's much chattier/more outgoing than me) struck up a convo with Scott, the lead singer. He shook our hands and asked us our names like we were equals. Swoon. We talked a lot about starting a campaign to get them to Glastonbury. A campaign which was then started... *plug*

They did not play Backwards Walk. They did however play Good Arms so I was happy out.

And that's the story of the time I met that band. I'm still a bit excited about it to be honest.

I'm still a bit excited about it to be honest.

Really? I would never have guessed!:)

That's pretty amazing!

• Advertisement

Jako8 wrote: »
    Oi, that's MY party piece!

Advertisement