Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soundtrack To Your Angst

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Good stuff! I think BS is a brilliant album and ITW is great as well. If ya don't have any other PJ albums I'd infinitely recommend Ten and Vs. - epic albums!

Also linky about TCV http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music/news/20091203_them_crooked_vultures.shtml :)

Really hope they play Ireland as well next year, they did a whole fecking tour of Britain without making it over here! :(

I've many Pearl Jam albums! Vs. is my favourite, I'd say.

I also have a ticket to see them in Belfast :cool:
    Just thought I'd slip that in!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

Jay P wrote: »

As do I! Mosh pit FTW :D

I had a ticket to the Dublin show but don't have it anymore... Long story :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

I'm still kicking myself for not getting Pearl Jam tickets (despite them being top of my 'bands I have to see live' list).

Fairly glad I youtubed this immense song; it's complemented by a nice video.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

There is a pic of it somewhere in the forum!

• Advertisement

Jackobyte wrote: »

Think that may have been me! :o

I must say though that I fractionally prefer Vitalogy to Vs.

Jackobyte wrote: »

The Yyaaaahhhh thread? I know I definitely put a picture in the Sunshine forum.

There was no way I was going to miss them. I got into them about a month after they last played in Ireland, so I missed the boat there, but Isaid I wouldn't miss it again. Even if it means travelling from Ennis to Belfast!

Think that may have been me! :o

I must say though that I fractionally prefer Vitalogy to Vs.

*digs up Vitalogy*

It's been too long :)

As do I! Mosh pit FTW :D

I had a ticket to the Dublin show but don't have it anymore... Long story :(

Oh, were you the person whose "friend" gave the ticket to somebody else?

I'm actually insanely psyched, even though it's practically six months away!

The Yyaaaahhhh thread? I know I definitely put a picture in the Sunshine forum.

There was no way I was going to miss them. I got into them about a month after they last played in Ireland, so I missed the boat there, but Isaid I wouldn't miss it again. Even if it means travelling from Ennis to Belfast!

Same here, I only get into them about then as well!
    Oh, were you the person whose "friend" gave the ticket to somebody else?

I'm actually insanely psyched, even though it's practically six months away!

Yup that would be me :( Grrrr crappy friend :mad:

• Advertisement

SPIN SPIN

SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE

SPIN SPIN

SPIN THE BLACK SPIN THE BLACK

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Oh, I like this game.

JAY P YOU CAN DRIVE MY CAR!
    DUDE WE'RE GONNA MAKE IT FAR!

A Neurotic wrote: »
    *digs up Vitalogy*

It's been too long :)

Vitalogy's their best album (in my opinion): Better Man, Nothingman, Immortality, Last Exit, Spin The Black Circle (the riff's a massive rip off of a Husker Du song but I'll let that slide) and Corduroy.

Monzo wrote: »
    Vitalogy's their best album (in my opinion): Better Man, Nothingman, Immortality, Last Exit, Spin The Black Circle (the riff's a massive rip off of a Husker Du song but I'll let that slide) and Corduroy.

Yeah all the quality really makes up for the filler. I think they knew that if they left out Foxymop and Bugs that they would have one of the best albums ever so Eddie put them in there to not be so cocky :D

Immortality and Not for You are my fave

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Oh, I like this game.

JAY P YOU CAN DRIVE MY CAR!
    DUDE WE'RE GONNA MAKE IT FAR!

That song is ruined since I watched X Factor the one and only time. Paul MacCartney sang that. Jedward were singing at the same time. On the same stage :(

That song is ruined since I watched X Factor the one and only time. Paul MacCartney sang that. Jedward were singing at the same time. On the same stage :(

That is a crime against music :eek:

Why oh why did Paul go on that ****ing show like?

He kind of made up for it though by supporting Rage.

Yeah all the quality really makes up for the filler. I think they knew that if they left out Foxymop and Bugs that they would have one of the best albums ever so Eddie put them in there to not be so cocky :D

Yeah, you can conjecture from the lyrics of Corduroy that Ed was really fed up with being famous and all that comes with it. Releasing 'Who You Are' as the No Code single is another example of this.

Oh yeah, I opened up AH there and discovered that Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol has been named by something or other the decade's greatest song. The :pac:, :rolleyes: and :mad: smilies sum up my feelings on that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I've never actually listened to a Pearl Jam album. Only know two songs by them, and it wouldn't take a genius to guess which two! (
    Jeremy and Alive - obviously!
    )Must make a note to listen to them more in future.

That is a crime against music :eek:

Why oh why did Paul go on that ****ing show like?

He kind of made up for it though by supporting Rage.

I don't know :(
    I always thought he was the coolest Beatle. I have been reconsidering that ever since. It hink George gets it now, because of songs like these:

And my favourite:

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

No way, Ringo is a legend! He's my favourite!

• Advertisement

I've never actually listened to a Pearl Jam album. Only know two songs by them, and it wouldn't take a genius to guess which two! (
    Jeremy and Alive - obviously!
    )Must make a note to listen to them more in future.

Please do! It will be rewarding I promise...Make a start with my previous video and these :)

Monzo wrote: »
    Yeah, you can conjecture from the lyrics of Corduroy that Ed was really fed up with being famous and all that comes with it. Releasing 'Who You Are' as the No Code single is another example of this.

Oh yeah, I opened up AH there and discovered that Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol has been named by something or other the decade's greatest song. The :pac:, :rolleyes: and :mad: smilies sum up my feelings on that.

Yeah that AH thread made me go :eek::rolleyes::mad::(

And I really think Ed is up there as one of the great lyricists of our time. Every album is different and they were the only band to outgrow the grunge tag into living legends

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

I'm going to see Eddie and Co. when they roll into dublin in June....it's going to be emotional:p

And I really think Ed is up there as one of the great lyricists of our time. Every album is different and they were the only band to outgrow the grunge tag into living legends

Yeah, especially with songs like Yellow Ledbetter, the lyrics are so....something...

:P

I actually adore that song. I like making up words when I sing along!

I actually adore that song. I like making up words when I sing along!

So does Eddie! :p

I never understood the grunge tag. For instance Pear Jam and Nirvana don't sound anything alike. You can tell there's a difference just by noting each band's primary influence(s): Pearl Jam were heavily influenced by classic rock such as The Who and Led Zeppelin; and Nirvana were heavily influenced by bands like The Stooges, Husker Du, Wipers, and Pixies.

Dunno about him being one of the great lyricists but he'll definitely go down as having one of the greatest voices in rock. Oh yeeeeeeaaaaah, can ya see theeeeem, out on the porch? Yeah, but they don't waaaaaaave...

How have I not listened to this song in so long?

I'd forgotten it existed. Jesus, one of my favourites of all time. I'm so happy I've just rediscovered it.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

she lies and says she's in love with him..can't find a betterman. She dreams in colour she dreams in red, can't find a betterman.

major <3

I much prefer Nothing Man to Better Man. I just think it's better!

• Advertisement

"she once believed in every story he had to tell"
    I prefer betterman... I'm just attached to it, it reminds me of fourth year in school and my best friends(I know how cringe :o)

Nothingman reminds me of another song though by Bruce Springsteen

seriously worth a listen

I don't know why...their both pretty melancholy I suppose.

Advertisement