Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Reprinting Aer Lingus boarding cards

• 08-12-2008 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭

In A Bit Of A Bind

I checked in online this morning while I was in work. Wasnt able to print my boarding card in work. Assumed I could print it later. I cannot see anywhere on the website to reprint it.

Anyone know if it is possible to reprint Aer Lingus boarding cards. Cannot find an option on the website. Or will I be able to get it sorted in the airport tomorrow

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I don't believe there is a re-print option on the website. If you didn't save the .pdf, you're out of luck on that front.

However, you can still get one at the airport - just explain what happened and they'll re-issue you one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Donny Shots

Its a complete joke shop. i couldn't print my boarding pass from the Aerlingus website (was able to print everything else) this morning so I closed it down and tried to log back in. I couldnt find any facility to reprint so I phoned them and they told me that due to security reasons I'll have to queue up and get another one. Ryanair let you reprint them, surely security cannot be that different. Its a farce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

I see a security case for not allowing a reprint: two people could get airside with copies of the same boarding pass. Imaginably, they might both attempt to board the same plane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭lynchie

I see a security case for not allowing a reprint: two people could get airside with copies of the same boarding pass. Imaginably, they might both attempt to board the same plane.

Or you could save the boarding card as a pdf and print it 1000 times.. Still the same security issue so no reason why not to allow it.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TheDuke

man this sucks... thanks guys. Sitting here in a hotel with a cancelled flight and just wanted to get straigh home tomorrow.

Adobe on one of the PC's here in the hotel was out of date so I thought, hey why not just reprint from somewhere else... :mad::mad::mad::mad:

at least you've stopped me from looking any further... so thanks for that guys... :) ... if everyone else will let you down board never will...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭Munster Gal

lynchie wrote: »
    Or you could save the boarding card as a pdf and print it 1000 times.. Still the same security issue so no reason why not to allow it.

I agree totally. I save the .pdf and make 2 copies, one for myself and one for my husband ... just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭thatsnotmyname

My printer jammed :mad: couldnt print them off
    and when i go back into aer lingus website it wont give me the option to reprint them.
    its a joke hopefully i can check in normally in the morning .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 137 ✭✭Schrodingercat

Don't worry about it, the automatic machines in the airport allow you to re-print it. Just bring your reference number. No need to queue. Did this last time I went Aer Lingus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Ill be honest I never print it for EI.

If the airport is one that has the ' fast pass ' machines then I just tick the box to print it there . If they don't then I ignore it and just go to the check in desk , they then print it for me.

Actually I think EI's system is one of the better ones . Certainly better than FR where they would charge you .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Reesy

Still think it's a stoopid omission not to have a 'reprint boarding pass' option. It's typical of the lack of attention to detail that I've come to expect from EI. Yes, you can print at the airport (as long as the machines are working), but having the piece of paper in your hand is one less worry for you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

I managed (through stupidity) to get on the wrong plane at Cork once and only seconds before I inserted by Earphones I heard "Welcome to todays flight to London Heathrow" when I was due to depart for Prague. I wonder whether they would have spotted me in the headcount or not!

I had put my watch on an hour for CET, and saw Prague Gate 3, 14.40 when it was actually 13.40 and the Heathrow flight was at the gate, I joined the queue (not thinking I was still on GMT) and before I knew where I was I was sitting on the plane! The staff (Aer Lingus) had a good laugh wheras I thought I would be arrested or something!

So, in my experience boarding cards don't count for much when they are sometimes not read, at Security they are scrutinised with your passport so I don't know about getting airside to begin with.

Could the OP still use the Aer Lingus FastPass checkin desk I wonder?

Advertisement