Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLINK 182 Vs SUM 41....... cast your votes

Options
  • 08-12-2008 10:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭

so who is better or are they both the same....

blink or sum 44 votes

Blink 182
    0% 0 votes
    Sum 41
    84% 37 votes
    Both (well they are the same really)
    11% 5 votes
    Neither
    4% 2 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭sr. kila

blink all the way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

Blink 182 - Legends, but sum 41 are good aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭sr. kila

sitting on the fence.................lol..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

what would be a tougher one would be blink 182 or boxcar racer... lead singer from blink i think, but in a more serious band. am i correct?

but back to original topic, I voted for blink, I think they have more lasting appeal than Sum 41, and they are better. to clear up my view.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I always thought Sum 41 were bollocks. Blink 182 had a few good songs so Blink 182 > Sum 41

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I'd have to sit on the fence regards this one. Like Sum 41's first three albums, also like Blink 182 up to TOYPAJ. Just easy going bands that are fun to listen to really, nothing serious about either.

Albums of choice would be either Enem of the State or Does This Look Infected? for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Blink 182, I don't really listen to either of them, but I'll give them a go when I'm finished listening to my current wave of music.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Blink 182 hands down.

Sum 41 were good in patches but nothing in comparison to Blink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Hate both bands, but I hate Blink more. One of the two vocalists (Mark or Tom, can't remember which) has one of the most irritating voices I have ever heard. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Blink 182 to win by KO in the first round

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

blink droolz
    41 rulz

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

Blink-182
    The memories, the memories.
    I never reeaaally got into Sum41 that much, but they do have some great songs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

They're both crap - it's the punk version of asking who's better Boyzone or Westlife?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Dante

Sum 41, love 90% of their stuff, latest album was quite good!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Hate both bands, but I hate Blink more. One of the two vocalists (Mark or Tom, can't remember which) has one of the most irritating voices I have ever heard. :mad:
    I think Mark is the one you're looking for...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭JaneyMc

Blink 182 all the way. I don't even see how they compare.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Love them both but Blink are a tad better. There were rumors that they are coming back together but that's all they were, rumors. But Tom and the others are now talking to each other again so who knows what could happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Nolanger wrote: »
    They're both crap - it's the punk version of asking who's better Boyzone or Westlife?

That's why they're called pop-punk, not punk! :p

Anyway, Blink are legendary, as much for the hilarious videos as anything else! :pac: Though I do like Sum 41 as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Blink 182. Never liked any of Sum 41's stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Nolanger wrote: »

Punk? HAHAHAHAHA

:):):):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Blink 182 hands down.

Sum 41 were good in patches but nothing in comparison to Blink.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

first full album i ever bought was blink 182 savage. went to their last ever concert in the point as well. blink for ever

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Neither... please!
    If its pop-punk give me some Bowling for Soup instead. Atleast they're hilarious on stage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭JaneyMc

Neither... please!
    If its pop-punk give me some Bowling for Soup instead. Atleast they're hilarious on stage!

I've seen Bowling for Soup and Blink live, thought they had just as much as a stage presence. Would still say Blink are better though. Kings of 'pop punk' imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭GSpoon

How can you even compare these two bands??!!:confused::mad: Blink 182 all the way!!

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Chaosangel

Blink 182 for sure,such energy in there old skoll stuff,I still go back on there tunes from time to time,really enjoyable stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I'm a fan of both but I can't believe that Blink are way more popoular than Sum 41.

HOW?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭yerayeah

Sum 41 for me because they're slightly less whiny!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Haven't listened to either of them in a long while but I'd have to go with Blink. Used to be big into them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement