Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refund on Laser

Options
  • 08-12-2008 11:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

Sorry if this isn't the right place but how long does it usually take for a refund to come through on a laser card? Just bought something today and realized it's not right but paid by laser, and then also realized I probably won't have the money back in time to get what I want to get instead...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

same amount of time a charge takes to go through

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Aye, I had a similar problem. It was (for me) as quick as a swipe of the card.
    To be honest, it could depend on the shop involved and their actual process they use for for refunds.
    (Mine was Waterstones and they, to their credit, were very effective.)
    Hopefully yours too will be quick.
    I wish you luck.

had you both made purchase and gotten refund today you would have seen both on your card the same day. It will depend completely on the retailer, most good ones will do their banky stuff at the end of every day in which case your bank should refund you within 24 hours, but some of the not so good ones can take a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Frowzy

Agree with post above, if you'd gotten the refund same day they 2 transactions would've been processed together.

However if you get your refund today (ie the day after) you could then take money out of the cash machine to buy what you want. The laser transaction will still come out but the refund will go back in the day after. It will leave you overdrawn for a night, but worth it if you really need the item!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

A Topshop refund took 5 days, during which time I needed that money to buy a phone..Most shops would be 3 days or less. A Golden Discs transaction took 10 days to come out of my account.

• Advertisement
Advertisement