Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Crown Plaza, Blanchardstown

Options
  • 08-12-2008 11:41pm
    Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭

Having our work chrsitmas party here. Never been, so just wondering what your views are? Basically we are going to the restaurant for a meal then into the bar for bevvies :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

It's really nice - went to the bar for drinks my last night in work. Live piano music, comfy chairs. All good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

It's an alright place. Staff seemed a little inexperienced when I was there, but overall not a bad place. Sorta reminded me of a 12th lock sorta place.

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

oooh excellent. i'm really looking forward to it. and I think if it ends up being a good night and good service they will make alot of business from our place.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

We could have our next D15 beers there. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

It's not on any of the bus routes and it a bit far out, it's a nice spot and the coffee is good mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

We're having our work christmas party there soon as well, i've been there a couple of times now since it opened and have to say I'm really liking the place so far, nice grub too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Thaedydal wrote: »
    It's not on any of the bus routes and it a bit far out, it's a nice spot and the coffee is good mind.

Is it not right at the Blanchardstown Centre?

Am I getting it mixed up with the one up at tryellstown ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Am I getting it mixed up with the one up at tryellstown ?

Yep

My wife is also having here Christmas party there as well

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

I'll be there on Thursday for a few drinkies to mark the end of the french classes I've been doing. Looking forward to it as I've heard nothing but good things about the place so far.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Was there last night, very nice and the bar was nice and quiet. There was plenty of noise coming from the restaurant, so it sounded like they were enjoying themselves in there.
    I'd certainly recommend the place.

well we had our party here last night. Absolutely fantastic night! would highly recommend it, and we will definitely be going back at some stage!

Possible venue for next D15 beers?

ChewChew wrote: »
    well we had our party here last night. Absolutely fantastic night! would highly recommend it, and we will definitely be going back at some stage!
    Don't suppose you saw a black / grey fleece any where? They stole mine last time I was there... and it's so cold outside :(

deswalsh wrote: »

Yes

+1

now you just have to start a new thread about it and a poll for dates there Des :)

I would definitely be up for this. the bell was lovely the last time, but this place is just sooo classy :D
    Random wrote: »
    Don't suppose you saw a black / grey fleece any where? They stole mine last time I was there... and it's so cold outside :(
    I didn't I'm afraid. But I am intrigued as to who 'they' are?? :p
    Yes

+1

now you just have to start a new thread about it and a poll for dates there Des :)
    You tell him Thaed. :pac:

Am I being e-nagged here?

Am I being e-nagged here?

oooooh get him and here I was just making a few helpful suggestions and
    being nice in reminding you that it's yourself and Cathoooo who are meant to be organizing this one.

Yeah c'mon Des. What kinda mod are you?? :P

oooooh get him and here I was just making a few helpful suggestions and
    being nice in reminding you that it's yourself and Cathoooo who are meant to be organizing this one.

Ok, Ok, I hadn't fogotten you know, I had intended leaving it til after Christmas as was done last year. (that's my story and I'm sticking to it)

And how did poor Cathooooooooo end up being roped in too?
    Yeah c'mon Des. What kinda mod are you?? :P

The best kind of course.

• Advertisement

I would definitely be up for this. the bell was lovely the last time, but this place is just sooo classy :D
    I didn't I'm afraid. But I am intrigued as to who 'they' are?? :p
    You tell him Thaed. :pac:
    "They" are the hotel staff who are part of this vast conspiracy to remove my jacket from my possession. We were the last ones to leave the bar so it had to be them. They also had suspicious looking faces !

The best kind of course.
    get your skates on and organise the beers and we'll decide from there if you are the best kind or not! ;)
    Random wrote: »
    "They" are the hotel staff who are part of this vast conspiracy to remove my jacket from my possession. We were the last ones to leave the bar so it had to be them. They also had suspicious looking faces !
    ah you're so funny. I'll pop up on my lunch break tomorrow and ask them*

*this is a definite lie!

Advertisement