Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

bleeding gums-again!

• 09-12-2008 1:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭

I had bleeding gums for about a month, tried cordysl and some other stuff.they kinda worked.but my problem didnt clear up , so i went to a dentist who gave me a clean and told me it wasnt anything to worry about and that it should clear up.which it did for about 2 weeks and now my gums have started to bleed again,mainly in the mornings when i brush.

can any one gimme some advice,apparently cordysl washes away the good which brushing achieves,so i dont know if i should go back on it.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Bleeding gums is a sign that you're not cleaning your teeth properly.
    Its also usualy a sign that you need to start flossing your teeth as well.
    Corsydyl is only the icing on the cake once the teeth are properly cleaned.You should go back to your dentist and ask him to clean them and show you how to brush.
    To get rid of bacteria you need to brush upwards away from the gum and floss every day too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Bleeding gums are a sign of gum disease and you need to go to a hygienist, not a dentist, and get them to show you exactly how to clean your teeth.

You should use a flossing brush suitable for your teeth, brush quite vigourously with the floss between your teeth, one tooth at a time. Then use an electric tooth brush and again vigourously brush your teeth AND gums. If there is part of your gum that is particularly sensitive then concentrate on that part even more. Then use a mouth wash. You should do this twice a day.

You should see an improvement within 6 weeks but still go to a hygienist and make sure your teeth are clean enough, there is no plaque and ask him/her to show you how to clean your teeth so you know the proper way.

Also ask your dentist to take an x-ray and check for signs of gum disease i.e. loss of bone tissue. You need to know if any damage has been done so far and then you need to take measures to stop any further damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭cranky bollix

Thanks for the advice.
    I have been to a hygienist allready , but it still prevailed.because I also get mouth ulcers Ive started to take vit c and for now it seems that my gums are ok hopefully they will stay like this.
    thanks again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭View Profile

Get a softer tooth brush perhaps?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭sunnyjim

Yeah, softer brush.

I had such bad gums until I was told to brush softer and slower. Made such a difference!

• Advertisement
Advertisement