Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your funeral

• 09-12-2008 2:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭

simple thread, just wondering if people on here have thought about their 'funerals'. Mines along way off i hope but would like to find out some options on non-religious services should something happen.

Share please..

J

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

As inspired by another thread, I should like for my family and friends to eat me in a delicious banquet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Galvasean wrote: »
    As inspired by another thread, I should like for my family and friends to eat me in a delicious banquet.

Can I have your toes and fingers. Loves biting me nails but run outta them sometimes. So a spare set be handy.

Personally. I'm not really bothered what happens to me. Could be in a ayear could be in fifty years. As long as I go whilst Im on or been flung off my bike I dont care.
    Maybe just prop me up in a bar and all my friends and family have drinks and they fill me with beer and then just dump me somewhere. Thy could pickle me either and wait for brainy fella to find the cure for death.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭pierrot

it doesn't matter. cos you'll be dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I choose not to have a funeral. I will go with the alternative - Living forever!

Viva la immortality!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

dlofnep wrote: »

Viva la immortality!

What language(s?) is that trying to be!?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

passive wrote: »
    What language(s?) is that trying to be!?

Care not, does dlofnep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Galvasean wrote: »

Dunno about that buddy, how's your dioxin levels?

This came up before, and my answer was:
    Ideally, like most folks here, I'd kinda like to go out with my Atheist guns blazin', and not have any religious element to my demise. I would like to think my family and friends know me well enough to understand that it ain't how I rolled in life, so it's not cool to staple it onto me in death. I don't want to have somebody buy me into the whole absurdity on my behalf, nor do I want the slightest hint that I had some sort of deathbed epiphany. Obviously, I won't be around, so I'm not going to give a crap, but I'd just like to think my significants think enough of me to respect where I stand.

Realistically though, I know that's not going to happen. My family is quite religious, and I really don't think they'd know how to organise a funeral without a religious framework. I'm not going to leave any specific instructions on that score. Obviously, I'm so brilliant that my absence will be traumatic enough without complicating it further.

Other than that, I'd like everybody to be forced to sit through Arcade Fire's Funeral, beginning to end. It's only 47 minutes, it's thematically appropriate, and I will take every opportunity I can get to make people I like listen to that album, because good people deserve awesome music.

F*ck that, I want Arcade Fire there, performing. It'll make people absolutely desperate to get to my funeral, so people who don't know me will think "Wow, people really, really need to mourn that girl, she must have been fantastic." Then everybody will remember me fondly as the girl who gave them an Arcade Fire show they could talk about on boards.ie because that promoter wasn't involved.

It won't be a great show though, by their standards, because obviously they too will keenly feel the terrible loss to the world that my death represents. Still though, it'll be something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

I want to have all the religious elements at my funeral ...

... that'll confuse 'em and have them bickering doog and propper. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,739 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Seriously though and without doing anything illegal, how would ye like yer "funeral" to go?

As a catholic who rolls with the catholic cermonies I cant imaging anything but a "standard" funeral.
    Kippy

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement