Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need some help.

Options
  • 09-12-2008 2:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Hi there ,

I've decided enoughs enough and im going to head to oz . Im sick of small town living and ****ty weather and plus i need some excitement !!!

I've tried the online assessment and that was grand but i really need to kick started . Heres some questions , if you could help me , im sure karma will repay you in the near future:D

1. On average how much money should I bring? Im going on a working holiday and i intend to work immedietly.

2. Is Melbourne busy?

3. Any general tips or anything would be great !

Thanks guys,

P

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Pedrospuds wrote: »
    Hi there ,

I've decided enoughs enough and im going to head to oz . Im sick of small town living and ****ty weather and plus i need some excitement !!!

I've tried the online assessment and that was grand but i really need to kick started . Heres some questions , if you could help me , im sure karma will repay you in the near future:D

1. On average how much money should I bring? Im going on a working holiday and i intend to work immedietly.

2. Is Melbourne busy?

3. Any general tips or anything would be great !

Thanks guys,

P

1. You're supposed to have $5000 in your account entering the country (they rarely check this though). After that it really depends on yourself. If you're going to start working straight away probably not too much.

2. In terms of what?
    WORK: the construction industry is slowing down slightly, nowhere near as bad as ireland. Other can advise you on other sectors (IT, etc)
    SOCIAL: Yep there's always something happening in Melbourne. There's tonnes of cool bars are a loads of great areas to go out. There's always festival and concerts on. If you're into Sport its the place to be also.

3. Don't play the piano in a marching band, and don't eat yellow snow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Pedrospuds

haha thanks for tip no 3.

Im a hotel manager so id be looking for something roughly the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Well I wouldn't know much about that, but I reckon there'd definately be something available.

Advertisement