Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new to wellington

Options
  • 09-12-2008 8:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭

hey kids,
    I just moved to welli, been here a few days and living in mount victoria... any suggestions on what i can do to pass the time. let me know.

Andy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Hi Andy,

I live in Wellington too - in Hataitai. There's loads to do I found!

Since the weather has been so nice, definitely get to a beach. Scorching bay is my favourite. I also went to Princess Bay over the weekend. Actually got in for a swim in the freezing cold sea!

You could go down to Orintal Bay and have a walk along the seafront with an ice cream from cafe eis.

Go to the embassy cinema one evening - it is the best cinema I've ever been to.

I recommend you go up the cable car up to the botanics and go to the cable car museum. There's also Te Papa which is interesting and there's the wellington museum city and sea and the colonial cottage museum which are both worth a look.

Have you got a car or are you on public transport? There's loads of cool places for walks around Wellington.

You can go kayaking in the harbour - I've been meaning to do this for ages.

There's loads of bars and restaurants on Courteney place to try and you can walk back to mount vic from there which is handy. Try sweet mama's kitchen. It's yummy and is reasonable but does get quite busy,

There's also lots on because it is summer. Check the wellington council events guide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭andyl222

thanks for the response dude. yeah eaten out a few times here already... food here is amazing and its so very cheap in comparison to ireland. not driving just wandering around. its a really cool place. i'll have more of an explore tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭PhiliousPhogg

I was there for a weekend and caught a good Sunday night jazz session in Lido cafe, very cool and full house.

Also, have some hot chocolate in Scopa cafe on cuba street, mmmm. Cool place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Cmol

Hey Andy

Loads of day trips to be done from Wellington too! Head up to the wairarapa on the trains for the day, over to carterton or masterton... loads of nice little shops up there, away from the chain stores of the city, and the winerys obviously ;)
    Or up to Paraparaumu to the beaches up there... Lindale farm on the way out to Paraparaumu if your driving is a good day out, and dont forget the chocolate factory!!!

Advertisement