Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Email newsletter solution

Options
  • 09-12-2008 9:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭

hi
    soon i will be sending a newsletter to 20k people.
    i would like bouce, delivery, click stats - does anyone have any recommendations?
    does an opensource / free solution exist does anyonw know ?
    tnx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

you can USE phplist,
    you will need to config a few bits but they have a FAQ on the site.

So
    You can upload your 20k people from an excel/csv spreadsheet
    You can get open and click stats etc etc

http://www.phplist.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Placebo wrote: »
    you can USE phplist,
    you will need to config a few bits but they have a FAQ on the site.

So
    You can upload your 20k people from an excel/csv spreadsheet
    You can get open and click stats etc etc

http://www.phplist.com/
    I came here to recommend PHPList as well :). I didn't use it for 20,000 people though, it was only a few hundred. According to it's features it can support up to 100,000 subscribers so it should be fine for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

www.campaignmonitor.com is a really good solution, not open source or free, but if you're running a business I'd say it'd easily pay for itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Campaign Monitor is meant to be excellent - I'm going to try it out today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

pricing is a bit ridiculous

pricing.png

some newsletters we send fortnight , cost would add up some what with the #of recipients.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭colm_c

Placebo wrote: »
    pricing is a bit ridiculous

pricing.png

some newsletters we send fortnight , cost would add up some what with the #of recipients.

It's not bad really if you value the customer base then the cost should be minimal.

It also has built in anti-spam measures unlike running it on your own server with a huge amount of mail which could clog up your server and potentially blacklist your IP, I would not recommend running your own phpList or otherwise for anything more than a thousand mails.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

I've heard good things about Toddle.

Advertisement