Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tickets.ie

Options
  • 09-12-2008 11:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭

I'm interested in going to a gig in Twisted Pepper, on their website it states
    Tickets are e22.50 in advance via www.tickets.ie/bodytonic or e25 on the door.

However on tickets.ie it says
    General Admission - EUR 25.00 (incl. booking fee)

Despite the fact on the top of their site they advertise
    Welcome to Tickets.ie! No service or handling fees! Save 10 to 20%!

Am I missing something here or is this a case of false advertising / improper pricing?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

LiamD wrote: »
    I'm interested in going to a gig in Twisted Pepper, on their website it states

However on tickets.ie it says

Despite the fact on the top of their site they advertise

Am I missing something here or is this a case of false advertising / improper pricing?

I think it's just a case that tickets are cheaper if you buy them in advance - lots of places do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Booking Fee (also known as the Inside Fee)
    This is the commission charged to promoters for selling their tickets. Some promoters choose to include this fee in the ticket price.
    The prices are provided to tickets.ie including the booking fee. They don't charge this fee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭LiamD

I understand that buying in advance is cheaper - I'd like to do that!

Bodytonic claim that tickets are 22.50 in advance from tickets.ie, but tickets.ie are charging 25?? Who is charging the extra 2.50?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

gotcha - sorry, read it wrong :o

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

LiamD wrote: »
    Bodytonic claim that tickets are 22.50 in advance from tickets.ie, but tickets.ie are charging 25?? Who is charging the extra 2.50?
    Whoever is in charge of booking maybe. It could well go to tickets.ie they are not a charity. Dunno how they can sell so cheap.
    Welcome to Tickets.ie! No service or handling fees! Save 10 to 20%!
    This is correct. If you go to ticketmaster or see gigs advertised in the papers it always says "incl booking fee", many mistakenly think this means that is the total price, then ticketmaster slap extra handling, srevice & C/C charges. They can charge around €7 more than tickets.ie

Now tickets.ie is obviously a small outfit, yet can make a comfortable living charging ~€7 LESS than ticketmaster.

There was a time tickets.ie allowed you pay and collect at the door and actually get a €1 discount!, so ~€8 less than ticketmaster for the exact same box office collection.

• Advertisement
Advertisement