Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

20g Xbox 360...HDMI?

• 09-12-2008 12:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 785 ✭✭✭

I was looking at getting a PS3 as I liked the idea of a blu-ray player and a playing online for free. But it seems a PS3 is just out of reach, money wise and since I just bought a house, there aint much of that around!

So I am opting for a Xbox 360. Looking at the gamestop catalog last night, I saw that they do used 20g ones with 4 games for €199, which is a pretty sweet deal. Now as far as I know the early 20g ones didn't have HDMI but the later ones did, is this right? So it all depends on what game stop have got traded in from people and if they have any in stock at all really!

cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

Yeah thats right. They added HDMI to the premium console around September 07. I guess you'll just have to ask them if you can have a look at the console before you buy it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I'd say pretty much all the arcade consoles have HDMI by this stage, all the older non HDMI stock should have been sold a long while ago really, can't hurt to check first though still i guess....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

The arcade always had hdmi btw, straight from day one. The core never had hdmi but that went out of production well over a year ago. Arcade replaced in October 2007

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 785 ✭✭✭segasega

Gamestop in St.Stephens Green dont have any and they said they take in whatever version there given (hdmi or no hdmi).

Im looking around averts.ie at the moment to see if I can pick one up, but can you just buy a arcade and then get a hard drive for it? Thats the only think it lacks right?

This seem like a good deal?
    http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=83883

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭rg2007

all the xbox 360 consoles now come with a hdmi port, but the elite only comes with the actual cable, the others come with a component hd cable, but you can pick up a cable in zavvi for a tenner, and your probably better off paying the extra €40 for the next one up, as they upgraded the 20gb to 60gb last summer, as you can download and stream hd movies now. and if not on play.com they have some live starter kit for €70 which comes with a 60gb hard drive, 3 months of live, and a headset, which the arcade doesnt come with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

segasega wrote: »
    Gamestop in St.Stephens Green dont have any and they said they take in whatever version there given (hdmi or no hdmi).

Im looking around averts.ie at the moment to see if I can pick one up, but can you just buy a arcade and then get a hard drive for it? Thats the only think it lacks right?

This seem like a good deal?
    http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=83883

Nice one. You got a good deal there cos there's some decent games in that lot. Enjoy!!

If this Xbox I buy gets the three red rings, do you need proof of purchase to say its still under warranty?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

If this Xbox I buy gets the three red rings, do you need proof of purchase to say its still under warranty?

No, you don't. It has to be manufactured within 3 years (thats the cover for 3 lights) and have seal intact. No proof of purchase needed. You deal directly with M$

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

The "proof of purchase" will cover you from you paid for the XBox but MS will cover you from the date it was made via the serial number of the unit.
    Be warned this can be anything from a few weeks to months.

Also ALL electronic equipment is covered for 5 years in Ireland if it is a manufacturing fault.

docentore wrote: »
    No, you don't. It has to be manufactured within 3 years (thats the cover for 3 lights) and have seal intact. No proof of purchase needed. You deal directly with M$

I take it there is a seal on the back of it somewhere to prove you didnt try open it and fix it yourself? Where is this seal, so I can check it before I pay up.

Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

I was looking at getting a PS3 as I liked the idea of a blu-ray player and a playing online for free. But it seems a PS3 is just out of reach, money wise and since I just bought a house, there aint much of that around!

So I am opting for a Xbox 360. Looking at the gamestop catalog last night, I saw that they do used 20g ones with 4 games for €199, which is a pretty sweet deal. Now as far as I know the early 20g ones didn't have HDMI but the later ones did, is this right? So it all depends on what game stop have got traded in from people and if they have any in stock at all really!

cheers.

You do know 360 isn't a Blu-Ray player? I only say that because the first 3 times I read your post I took it as you wanted Blu-Ray.

Yeah, most Xbox's have HDMI now, you'd be very unlucky to get one without. Then just pick up a HDMI cable for ~€10 and you is sorted.

I am aware its not blu-ray, I just saw the blu-ray as an added bonus really, but at the end of the day I think the Xbox has better games on it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭dave oc

Just incase your interested I was in Dunnes in the Ilac yesterday and they are selling new 20gb 360's for €189... The batch number was 818 or 819 so the are fairly new machines. Cant remember whether they had HDMI, I didnt look for it.

Edit: These are obviously old stock they are selling off, but its still a decent price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Afaik they would have to have hdmi if they are batch number 819 or so. You can tell when it was manufactured by that. My 360 is 744, that means it was made in the 44th week of 2007.It has hdmi. Those dunnes ones would have been made in the 19th week of 2008. Thats Mid May by my reckoning. Probably going cheap because they're the last of the 20gigs

What comes with this package, just a wireless controller?

Oh and is there anyway of working out from looking at the box weather its HDMI or not? Cheers.

It should say HDMI clearly on the outside of the box, its really easy to check for it when your looking at the box. Id be surprised if it didnt have HDMI. And yes its just a wireless pad included...

Will try pick one up but dont have enough cash with me to pick it up after work today,so mght be tomorrow morning. Were there many left?

There were 3 left yesterday evening around 5:00. Best of luck with it.

S**t, wouldn't think there will be any left now so!

Just wanted to say thanks to Dave6195, went down to Dunnes Friday evening after work in a big sweat (I have the flu) and pick one of these up!

And it has a hdmi port!

Cheers!

• Advertisement

Glad to help. Best of luck with it!

Advertisement