Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warrior tanking, changes and builds in Wrath of the Lich King.

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Now, with your main tank, I can't say he's got a great spec because points in puncture is simply wasted points. Aside from the fact that rage starvation just isn't an issue, devastate is much lower on the rotation than it was, and with the glyph stacking 2 sunders per hit, all you really need to do is keep it topped up
    I wont claim to know a huge amount about Prot warr's (mine's level 52), but would Sword and board not make Devastate much more important/spammable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Blowfish wrote: »
    I wont claim to know a huge amount about Prot warr's (mine's level 52), but would Sword and board not make Devastate much more important/spammable?

Well, it is still important of course, but not to the point where points in puncture will make any difference at all, because at level 80, even seriously well geared tanks will be getting plenty of rage even from trash mobs, bosses will have you burning at full rage most of the time, so the difference between an ability that costs 12 rage and 9 rage is just a complete waste of points. Sword & Board procs from revenge as well, it's not really worth spamming devastate in the hope that S&B procs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

You've 3 points in puncture, and no points in focused rage? Oh man, that's bad! A talent that reduces the rage of 1 ability vs. a talent that reduces the rage of all abilities, you should respec and fix that immediately!

I see your point, but like i said i have no rage issues at all, even on trash. IS it really worth it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Anti wrote: »
    I see your point, but like i said i have no rage issues at all, even on trash. IS it really worth it?

Well, rage isn't much of an issue at all, but if you're putting points into a rage saving talent like puncture, you might as well put them where it counts, you'll get the same reduction as you would on devastate all across the board. Focused rage is immeasurably better than puncture. Even if you're not being rage starved, I'd say you'll notice a difference.

Edit: You've also got points in Improved Bloodrage and Unbridled Wrath = complete waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

In the same way rage isnt much of an issue, threat isnt much of an issue. At all, ever. In alot of cases though, your spec will be better than most others but at the very least, in the early stages of level 80, warriors should be sticking with something more traditional. But that was not the point that I was addressing in my original post. My point is that gearing/enchanting and geming for strength in most cases is pointless but just after hitting 80 is just downright stupid.

As an avoidance stat, strength fails. As a threat stat, strength fails as you would gain more threat for equal item value block value. Heck, even hit rating or expertise would be far better.

• Advertisement
Advertisement