Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

condensation in attic--north facing

• 09-12-2008 12:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭

Hi,

Lat night i was in the attic (1st time since last xmas) getting down the xmas decorations. When I went back up to the attic to put away the box's, i noticed a lot of water droplets on the black felt on the inside of the roof...only on one side (north facing).

At first i thought i had a leak but when i turned on the torch, all the north side of the rood was covered in water droplets/condensation! The southside of the roof was dry....bit weird i thought!

Is there a problem with the roof, Im thinking maybe the heat from the house and the frosty weather outside caused it but it cant be good for the attic if theres condensation dripping on my boxes in the attic???

Any ideas lads?????

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

elchanco wrote: »
    Im thinking maybe the heat from the house and the frosty weather outside caused it

You are correct - cold north roof.
    There are a number of threads over the last week, detailing this issue. See also the DIY forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭elchanco

update on the condensation...

Went up to the attic/loft today and the condensation was very bad,North side covered in droplets and the south side had some condensation also!

I had a good look at the air vents on the gables and it looks like the front has a lot better ventelation then the back (north) of the house...

I cleared the insulation from the vent sides but dont think it would make much difference...

I think i might need to put in more ventalation in the attic/loft?? Who do i contact to offer advice on what to do (Cork area)...

My house is two years old, would i be able to get the original biulders to do it???

Cheers for any advice...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,867 ✭✭✭MicktheMan

elchanco wrote: »
    update on the condensation...

Went up to the attic/loft today and the condensation was very bad,North side covered in droplets and the south side had some condensation also!

I had a good look at the air vents on the gables and it looks like the front has a lot better ventelation then the back (north) of the house...

I cleared the insulation from the vent sides but dont think it would make much difference...

I think i might need to put in more ventalation in the attic/loft?? Who do i contact to offer advice on what to do (Cork area)...

My house is two years old, would i be able to get the original biulders to do it???

Cheers for any advice...

PM sent

Advertisement