Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Govt Warned about FAS in 2002!

Options
  • 09-12-2008 1:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭

http://www.thepost.ie/post/pages/p/story.aspx-qqqt=NEWS-qqqs=news-qqqid=38039-qqqx=1.asp

European Commission warned government about Fas in 2002

Sunday, December 07, 2008 By Ian Kehoe and John Burke
    The European Commission warned the Irish government as far back as 2002 that serious problems existed with the internal and financial controls of Fas.

The confidential audit of the state agency uncovered ‘‘weak and unreliable’’ internal controls, no clear paper trails on major projects and several ‘‘unsound’’ applications for significant EU funds.

The final report, which was presented to the Irish government in early 2002, recommended suspending certain EU funds.

The report was never published, but has now been obtained by The Sunday Business Post.

Commission officials claimed to have uncovered several instances where senior Fas management had overridden a number of internal controls in relation to expenditure.

Foreign agents meddling in Irish affairs. Well at least Bertie didn't listen to them...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Wow, the EU looking out for Irelands interests. And there was me thinking they only wanted to enslave us and eat our children.

To be honest, I'm not surprised by this. And I won't be surprised if nothing comes of it. It's not like people can lose even more faith in the government.

Advertisement