Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can 'Wibbs' STOP typing in bold.

Options
  • 09-12-2008 1:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hi,

I was recently BANNED for 1 month from Personal Issues because I suggested the moderator 'Wibbs' STOP typing in bold when 'it' corrects a poster. It is VERY rude to the extreme. Would be happy if someone higher up at boards could have a word with 'it' as other posters are offened by it too.

Thanks,

Cpaw:)
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Cpaw wrote: »
    Hi,

I was recently BANNED for 1 month from Personal Issues because I suggested the moderator 'Wibbs' STOP typing in bold when 'it' corrects a poster. It is VERY rude to the extreme.

As rude as referring to a person as it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

He does it to differentiate between Wibbs the poster making a user post and Wibbs the mod making a mod decision/post.
    Oreoats* does it as well.

*can never remember proper user name - mods a few forums including nocturnal*

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Wibbs types in bold to differentiate between when he's posting as a regular poster, which he does a lot in PI as he gives out plenty of excellent advice, and when he's posting as a mod to deal with stuff like people who have nothing better to do than complain about the typeface.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Cpaw

Zaph wrote: »
    Wibbs types in bold to differentiate between when he's posting as a regular poster, which he does a lot in PI as he gives out plenty of excellent advice, and when he's posting as a mod to deal with stuff like people who have nothing better to do than complain about the typeface.

Sorry BUT I have a right to complain, I'm entitled to my opinion. You mods always defend each other to the extreme even if you one of you is wrong. Yes 'Wibbs' gives out good advice, but then useds the BOLD tying to correct somebody who has probably went off topic only very slightly. Its damn rude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Sorry BUT I have a right to complain, I'm entitled to my opinion. You mods always defend each other to the extreme even if you one of you is wrong. Yes 'Wibbs' gives out good advice, but then useds the BOLD tying to correct somebody who has probably went off topic only very slightly. Its damn rude.

We do indeed have a right to complain . There's a protest organized for 7pm tonight outside the Dail. Bring your own signs , posters and placards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Actually, I think it serves a good purpose because it makes Wibbs's statement stand out, so if someone is just flicking through the thread, they'll spot that a warning has been given out.

Referring to a person as "it" is a million times ruder, and I'd ask you respectfully not to refer to another member in such a disrespectful manner.

If you have a problem with a moderator's decisions, you PM the moderator first to try sort it out amicably and if that doesn't work you start a thread on help desk.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Hi,

I was recently BANNED for 1 month from Personal Issues because I suggested the moderator 'Wibbs' STOP typing in bold when 'it' corrects a poster. It is VERY rude to the extreme. Would be happy if someone higher up at boards could have a word with 'it' as other posters are offened by it too.

'It' has a name, Wibbs, and I'm quite happy for him to continue modding as he has been.
    I suggest when your ban is up that you read the Forum Charter, if you had done in the first place, you would have saved yourself a ban.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement