Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triple Sec (orange) liqueur

• 09-12-2008 1:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,512 ✭✭✭

Where can I get Triple Sec (orange) liqueur for a good price? I am in Dublin 15.

I bought a bottle (700ml, 38% alc/vol) last night for 28.50 in Blanchardstown. I plan to return it as that price is crazy expensive.

I rang around and O'Brien's Navan Road is 26, Gibneys Malahide is 29.49!! and Molloys Clonsilla is 27.95.

OddBins in Clontarf have a different brand with different alc/vol for 18.49 (20% alc/vol) but that is not a convenient location for me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

That price would be pretty standard for liquers in Ireland (crazy yea, but that's Ireland). The reason the Oddbin's one is cheaper is most likely a combination of lower tax because of lower alcohol content, and the that it's a poorer quality beverage.

If Molloys do let you return it, they'll be doing you a favour because they certainly don't have to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,512 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Sean_K wrote: »
    That price would be pretty standard for liquers in Ireland (crazy yea, but that's Ireland).
    It is a crazy price - it's the same price as Black Bush whiskey!!!
    Sean_K wrote: »
    If Molloys do let you return it, they'll be doing you a favour because they certainly don't have to.
    True. I might benefit from being served by an indifferent staff member ;)

Advertisement