Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PvP S5 starts Dec 16th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

In related news,

Death Knights gets nerfed - Dec 17th.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Surprised there hasn't been any hint about armour sets/weapon awards

the armour sets are in the game already, they drop from archavon dont they?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Dustaz wrote: »
    the armour sets are in the game already, they drop from archavon dont they?
    This, plus the fact they've been on Wowhead since pretty much before Wotlk was released.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

Us, getting nerfed, NEVER :D

As for wintergrasp raiding it's on a 3 piece set, but im loving mine :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Blowfish wrote: »
    This, plus the fact they've been on Wowhead since pretty much before Wotlk was released.

Oh! *Runs off to have a look*

(Thx guys)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Krieg wrote: »
    Oh! *Runs off to have a look*

(Thx guys)
    It's not listed under the item sets yet though and since it isn't in game yet you can't see the source to find the cost etc. but at least it shows the stats. There are actually 3 pvp sets of different quality for each class (not counting the crafted) Deadly, Hateful and Savage.

Interestingly though they've kept 2 sets for priests despite the spellpower changes, meaning us Disc priests can get the two piece bonus twice if we feel like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

sunzz wrote: »
    Us, getting nerfed, NEVER :D

As for wintergrasp raiding it's on a 3 piece set, but im loving mine :D
    this ****er switches mains more than me

haha, nah alan, i just started to play a DK and just fell in love with it tbh.
    still have a druid on the server im going to level for raiding but keeping the DK for pvp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

im doing the same, the warrior is for pve and the hunter and lock will be for pvp. Cant wait for the new season as i managed to miss the last one. For my 5v5 i already have the best of the best on my realm, somehow i managed to blag myself a spot :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

sunzz wrote: »
    haha, nah alan, i just started to play a DK and just fell in love with it tbh.
    still have a druid on the server im going to level for raiding but keeping the DK for pvp
    what happened to your mage or paladin :O

Lost silvermint <paladin> lost dijkstra <mage> and druid 2.2k when account was banned, WRONGLY.

so had to reroll, so currently sitting on a druid/DK

lol wrongly. We all know you HK farmed :p you even admitted it in a few posts lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Sounds like we know who reported you :)

Yea i admit i sat jumping in av a few times, but **** me the whole server did it.

Aye, who dosent :p. But no, i didnt report you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

I still haven't figured out the new Strand of the Ancients BG and I think most people really haven't a clue either what's going on in there.

Might pick up a bit once more people get to 80 but at the moment in the Misery BattleGrouping it's hard to even get into an AV within an hour. Massive amount of honor though, dunno what they've changed but the few games I have been in (in AV at least) I've been coming out with between 1,300 and 1,800+ honor from one game :eek:

I don't play Arena's so not bothered in that regards.

So what am i missing in s5? Ive no net at home untill saturday :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

Manties wrote: »
    So what am i missing in s5? Ive no net at home untill saturday :(
    from what I can see, the warlock head piece makes us look like the sandmen from start wars :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

dks, rogues and ret paladins and various combinations thereof are dominating 2v2.

Ret/Shaman/Dk and War/Shaman/DK are dominating 3v3s.

Personally, I think it's just the normal self-correcting balance that always goes on with the start of the arena season. Melee are over powered but casters will balance out once they start stacking resilience. At the moment resilience is somewhat pointless as it's really tough to get even close to cap. 5 piece blue pvp set is ~400 resilience. Thats about 3% reduction to crit chances and 6% damage reduction.

Druids arent as overpowered, priest teams are wrecking DKs, ditto for shaman teams.
    Most high level teams are just using PvE gear as the minor usefulness of what little resilience there is going around, is completely negated by T7/Naxx epic gear.

Hunters arent as dominating as everyone expected, but I believe they will make a comeback before the new patch goes live.

Holy paladins are more viable in arenas than they have ever been, but Ret is too and you know how much everyone likes to hit stuff, so most people are ret :p

Thats really it, tbh. It's still early days.

• Advertisement

Nice, Thanks for the update !

Oh the S1 hillarity starts all over again!

"WTF HEALZ DUNT WURK, DERES NO ROLE 4 HEAELARZ IN AREANA!". This is coming only 1 or 2 months after the "WTF HEALZ R 2 POAWRFUL IN AREANA" whines. Goldfish memory or what :)

With 0 resi, DPS and melee are king for the next few weeks. And most of all DKs are utterly shìtting down everyones neckhole.

Note to all: Nows the time to get rating for some resilience gear, because youll REALLY need it in a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Got up to 1600 with our ret/frost dk today. Pretty facerollingly easy. Healer/dps just die before you can say "focus the clothy!"

Also got a pretty funny 5v5 team going, with 4 melee and a warlock. Instagib a dps and then onto a healer, it's over in ~15 seconds. Really funny :D

Advertisement