Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Realistic price for this?....

Options
  • 09-12-2008 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭

Heya,

Just saw this car on the good old t'internet...

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Ford/Focus/1.4-5-Do/200849191133062/advert#

I read at the weekend that Ford Focuses are one of the models of cars which you should be getting a huge discount on in the current market- 30% ish...

How much do you think is a realistic price to get this for?

Also, do you think this mileage is likely to be correct or is there a fair chance it's been tampered with? Intending to get a mechanic to look at it before buying anyhow. :)

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

That seems good for the price and millege. 01's where being priced at €5 -6k a few months ago, maybe some still are with 90k + on them:mad:. If your serious about making an offer do a history check and have a mechanic take a look. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pipsqueak

please ring with any questions
    Price: €5,900
    ViewSmall?id=1008221View?id=1008220
    This is a 03 with 80 k for 5500

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

Is that 80k in miles or Kms?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

A deluxe focus. Did they have that model? I doubt it.

See the spec. Thats hardly very Deluxe now is it.

Looks like a very low spec LX to me.

The price is ok but the mileage is suspicious. I think an AA check would be better on that car. If you make up a car model what else would you make up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pipsqueak

;)
    Thumpette wrote: »
    Is that 80k in miles or Kms?

think its 80k miles, it on donedeal,ie maybe worth checking , not mine btw

• Advertisement

Ah right- cheers :)

Regarding the first car I just got told its going through the NCT on Friday- would they notice things like messing with the clock?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Nope the NCT wouldnt pick up on that. A very good mechanic might not even pick up on it. Check the service history with a toothcomb - if it doesnt add up then walk away.

I'd say its 80k miles - the speedos in those are in miles so i doubt anyone went to the bother of converting it to put it up on a website....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

sounds like a lot to me. focus i dont think had deluxe it had a ghia model which i think was a higher spec.

I'm just lookin at that add again. Who ever wrote it is a creative writer at the least! There was never a "Deluxe" model in the focus range. That car is an LX model with the alloys from an old shape Fiesta Zetec.

If it was me, i'd steer clear of it.

yeah def fiesta wheels. i would say they are even to small for it!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Martron wrote: »

Aye, it justs looks like the most basic Focus with Fiesta wheels shoved on it. I wouldn't bother with it tbh.

This maybe basic spec, but with a set of wheels your at the same thing. But two years newer and a newer model. As there are 562 05 Focus for sale on carzone i'd expect a discount on this. Keep your options open, look up newer years.

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Ford/Focus/1.4-LX/200825189145191/advert

Actually i think this is the cheapest 05 Zetec. With a bit of bargaining power this could be worth the investment. Depends on what way your budget is.

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Ford/Focus/1.4-Zete/200847190921537/advert

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭leex

Martron wrote: »

The Focus did come with those Alloys. I bought a new one with them in 2000.

leex wrote: »

Are you sure lol? For some reason i don't think they didn't, nearly 100%. Must of been very similar.

Nope. Your mistaken mate. Those alloys were only brought online with the updated fiesta model 2004 -2007. Take it from someone who worked in a parts department in a Ford Dealer, and now deals with ford everyday. I think there was a similar alloy in the focus range, but it aint that one.

Nope. Your mistaken mate. Those alloys were only brought online with the updated fiesta model 2004 -2007. Take it from someone who worked in a parts department in a Ford Dealer, and now deals with ford everyday. I think there was a similar alloy in the focus range, but it aint that one.

Aye i'm nearly 100%. Just going to find out when that alloy was introduced

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Are you sure lol? For some reason i don't think they didn't, nearly 100%. Must of been very similar.

I agree they look like smaller fiesta alloys, the std focus steel wheels were the same size as fiesta alloys and people used 'upgrade' to alloys and keep the same tyres which meant the fiesta ones.

I thought all the focus ones were bigger, I put alloys on a 99 focus at the time and had to get new tyres also..

leex wrote: »

nope you did not. they are definately fiesta alloys.

Allow me to add my two cent.

They ARE fiesta alloys. They were introduced on the 2005 model.

no-image-large.gif

Lol, this is annoying me know. I must of checked over 100 pages. Can anyone tell me what those alloys are actually called?. (a thanks for the first person lol)

• Advertisement

There is no name attached to any of them in the Ford Brochure. It just calls them Zetec Alloys
    Fiesta.jpg

Sound man, where did you find that?

Sound man, where did you find that?

Umm cant remember what I put into google. Ford Fiesta 2005 Brochure

http://www.who-sells-it.com/cy/ford-motor-company-limited-uk-2014/ford-fiesta-brochure-2007-8762/ford-fiesta-brochure.html

:rolleyes:
    Berty wrote: »

I googled everything else but lol:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 73,458 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

That looks like a "Freedom" model. as in lower spec than an LX.

No CD, electric mirrors, fogs etc.

Re: the alloys, it looks like they swapped wheels and tyres from a Fiesta, as the tyres are too low profile for the Focus.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,248 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Those alloys were standard on the Fiesta Steel which was a special edition introduced in 2004. They are 16" rims and came with very low profile tyres on the Fiesta.

Anyway back on topic.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    That looks like a "Freedom" model. as in lower spec than an LX.

No CD, electric mirrors, fogs etc.

Re: the alloys, it looks like they swapped wheels and tyres from a Fiesta, as the tyres are too low profile for the Focus.

No, the freedom came with no central locking or electric windows. Just alloys as far as i know. Sold one about 5 months ago.

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Ford/Focus/1.4-LX-5/200840190281647/advert

Hey everyone- thanks for the advice on the first one...didnt end up getting that one but did see the above today. The guy is willing to sell for around 6200 taking our old (and kinda wrecked) car against it. Very tempted by it- not sure on the price though- what do ye think?

There are a couple of little scratches but nothing serious (that we can see anyway)

Its a bit strange that the engine on this says Zetec, but the car itself doesnt seem to be a zetec model- any comments or advice welcome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭jonnygee

I think that looks a wee bit expensive for an 03 1.4 lx. I am thinking of selling my 05 1.6 zetec 5dr new model in january (just thinking about it at the minute) and i dont expect to get near 10 grand for it.
    all the petrol engines are zetec type, it doesnt matter if it,s an lx or zetec.
    if your old car is kinda wrecked then you might get as good a deal by just haggling for a cash price on a new one and sell your own for a few hundred

Advertisement