Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats up with Eircom email today??

Options
  • 09-12-2008 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

IT seems to be delivering from one eircom email address to another but not to out side eircom networks email address. Tried sending one to my gmail but has not come through. ITs not the pc as I have tried it on two different networks, anyone else having the same issues

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Do you mean an eircom.net email address or are we talking about any email sent through mail1 or mail2.eircom.net (their smtp servers)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

was waiting on an email from someone and was checking it via the eircom.net website. When it hadnt arrived tried sending one to myself from my gmail a/c which did not arrive either. Sent another one from my gmail a/c to my eircom email which as just come in now. but no sign of the other two which were send earlier?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭viv.ie

cubix wrote: »
    IT seems to be delivering from one eircom email address to another but not to out side eircom networks email address. Tried sending one to my gmail but has not come through. ITs not the pc as I have tried it on two different networks, anyone else having the same issues

Thanks
    I also have not been able to receive any email today.No idea whats causing this:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭Poker Face

Just noticed a similar problem today.

An email sent to me yesterday didn't arrive. Getting some emails but no idea what I'm missing out on. Problem is the person who sends the email is not getting any message saying it hasn't been delivered :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

I have an old eircom.net email address but their service was so crap that I had to get a gmail address... had to send a load of emails to people still using the old one until everyone eventually was using the gmail one ..... old eircom one is full of spam now.

Are they ever going to implement a decent mailbox size and free spam filter?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,468 ✭✭✭✭Alun

BigEejit wrote: »
    Are they ever going to implement a decent mailbox size and free spam filter?

http://email.eircom.net/about/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Alun wrote: »

I am not sure but I think that message has been up there for more than a year?

I've not been using them lately but I have had an email address with them for ages, iirc since they used pine ... or maybe that was with another ISP, cant remember :o
    One thing I learned, if it costs Eircom a bean and they arent making any cash out of it then they will take years if not decades to upgrade

Advertisement