Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's on the breakfast menu now?

• 09-12-2008 1:54pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I missed the bacon rush and hadn't stocked up.

Personally I've been dining on kippers. Kippers, small plain omelette, tea and toast. Breakfast of kings and dandys!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

humberklog wrote: »
    I missed the bacon rush and hadn't stocked up.

Personally I've been dining on kippers. Kippers, small plain omelette, tea and toast. Breakfast of kings and dandys!

Kedigree my old chap!

(Scrambled eggs w/smoked salmon... mmmmm.....)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,784 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

French & Dutch rashers available in my local butchers & supermarkets within a day. Not bad at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,472 ✭✭✭✭Alun

jimi_t wrote: »
    Kedigree my old chap!

??

For a start it's "kedgeree", and scrambled eggs with smoked salmon is not what kedgeree is anyway (despite being yummy, I'll give you that).

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

jimi_t wrote: »
    Kedigree my old chap!

Not for breakfast ol' bean. I like a bit of kedgeree but for lunch, with some different ingredients (rice, smoked and fresh flaked haddock, peas, curry powder), in the summer on the pagoda all washed down with a stiff g+t to keep the mozzies at bay.

The breakfast I speak of is kippers fried in butter, 2 egg mixed and fried on the pan with a sprinkle of chedder folded in. Toast and tea. Good start to the the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Alun wrote: »
    ??

For a start it's "kedgeree", and scrambled eggs with smoked salmon is not what kedgeree is anyway (despite being yummy, I'll give you that).

Meant to preface the egg bit with 'also'.

In any case, if you're really missing that meaty bite, get those big flat mushrooms (about 5" across) - flip 'em gill side up, throw a knob of butter on top and grill them for about 5 minutes. Unreal.
    in the summer on the pagoda all washed down with a stiff g+t to keep the mozzies at bay

The quinine to ward off malaria and the Bombay Sapphire to ward off reality old chap. Pip pip and all that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

humberklog wrote: »
    Not for breakfast ol' bean. I like a bit of kedgeree but for lunch, with some different ingredients (rice, smoked and fresh flaked haddock, peas, curry powder), in the summer on the pagoda all washed down with a stiff g+t to keep the mozzies at bay.

The breakfast I speak of is kippers fried in butter, 2 egg mixed and fried on the pan with a sprinkle of chedder folded in. Toast and tea. Good start to the the day.

Surely you should poach the eggs my good fellow?

Surely you should poach the eggs my good fellow?
    Hmmm...that didn't occur to me this morning. But by gum I think you're on to something there.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭muckety

Scrambled egg with smoked salmon for me, what ho!

Or a grilled trout if the gamekeeper has managed to catch one.

Toodle pip

Gur cake, black coffee and cigarettes this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭muckety

Rashers on toast for me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭antoniosicily

cappuccino and croissants, as usual

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

Plain old scrambled eggs with lots of butter and black pepper and not overcooked (so many people overcook scrambled eggs:rolleyes:) on toast of course.......

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

We had 'safe' rashers this morning :)
    Happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Beerlao

home made bacon and egg mcmuffins for me. got an egg poacher for christmas and the eggs are perfect for english muffins :D

Advertisement