Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

female tattoo artist - floral designs?

• 09-12-2008 1:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hey,

I have a tattoo (4 leaf clover) that I got a while ago on a whim on a trip in Lisbon, and I want to expand on it.
    I'm looking to get a floral/vines (ok no joke on the name :) ) elaboration on the original design, but it's in a some what *private* area.... so I would prefer to have a female tattoo artist.

Anyone know anyone they could recommend? I'm in Dublin but I have a car so anyone in the Dublin or surrounding area?

Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Hot2Def mebbe?

sugar skulls she did are purty awesome, full of colour and well damn solid work :D
    http://www.wickedskin.ie/artistserinkirk.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭vines

Will wrote: »
    Hot2Def mebbe?

sugar skulls she did are purty awesome, full of colour and well damn solid work :D
    http://www.wickedskin.ie/artistserinkirk.html

Awesome, her work looks spot on, thanks Will! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Karen Russell of Holy Cow in Cork.
    Joe Harrison of Modern Bodyart in Birmingham.

Either would be good.

@Will
    Where are these Sugar skulls? I would like to see em but my browser is actin up. Any chance of posting a pic?

Diceicle wrote: »
    Karen Russell of Holy Cow in Cork.
    Joe Harrison of Modern Bodyart in Birmingham.

Either would be good.

@Will
    Where are these Sugar skulls? I would like to see em but my browser is actin up. Any chance of posting a pic?

Cheers, Birmingham is a bit far, but I'll check out Karen Russell :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

here's a direct link from the site it is on

picerinkirk6.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Cheers for that will. Are they sugar skulls? I always thought Sugar Skulls were the fillagry (sp?) styled skulls. Either way, good tattoo.

@Vines,

TBH I wouldn't let the fact that Jo Harrison is in Birmingham (a 40 min flight) put you off going to her if she is the best person for the job. Geography shouldn't be too much of a factor seeing as how these vines will be on you for the rest of your life. Good luck with whoever you decide to go with, both are well respected in their field.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

picerinkirk6.jpg

I own these :D And nah, not really sugar skulls, just girly ones :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

picerinkirk6.jpg

Sugar skulls =
    DMSkulls.jpg

Those are coloured, winged skulls with flowers :p

Diceicle wrote: »
    @Vines,

TBH I wouldn't let the fact that Jo Harrison is in Birmingham (a 40 min flight) put you off going to her if she is the best person for the job. Geography shouldn't be too much of a factor seeing as how these vines will be on you for the rest of your life. Good luck with whoever you decide to go with, both are well respected in their field.

Yeah good point, I'll check out her work and see :) cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

hello

thnx for the kind words peoples, but...

may I suggest that you consider going to Darren from colorworks, if that's who you had doing work up til now. I understand you're a bit iffy with the area it is in, but I can assure you of two things:

1) you have already trusted this person to permanently alter your appearence with a vibrating needle, which is a pretty hefty level of trust. leaning on your chest aint no big thing, really

2) tattooists spend all day every day draped over, wrapped around and sitting on top of customers. probably doesn't even cross the minds of the vast majority that there is anything unusual about tattooing a woman's chest.

I have my chest *heavily* tattooed, and I am not one bit comfortable with my appearance. I bought cheap tshirts and hacked out the appropriate bit to allow access.

The top priority when choosing an artist should be their work and hygiene, not genitals.

sorry about the long post, just wanted to say...

• Advertisement

Very well put hot2def :)

hot2def wrote: »
    hello

thnx for the kind words peoples, but...

may I suggest that you consider going to Darren from colorworks, if that's who you had doing work up til now. I understand you're a bit iffy with the area it is in, but I can assure you of two things:

1) you have already trusted this person to permanently alter your appearence with a vibrating needle, which is a pretty hefty level of trust. leaning on your chest aint no big thing, really

2) tattooists spend all day every day draped over, wrapped around and sitting on top of customers. probably doesn't even cross the minds of the vast majority that there is anything unusual about tattooing a woman's chest.

I have my chest *heavily* tattooed, and I am not one bit comfortable with my appearance. I bought cheap tshirts and hacked out the appropriate bit to allow access.

The top priority when choosing an artist should be their work and hygiene, not genitals.

sorry about the long post, just wanted to say...

Yeah....thanks for that :) Darren is awesome I have to say, I'll think about it and see, main prob is his studio is quite open....ppl walk in and chat to him all the time when he's tattooing.
    I'll have a think, nd thanks, good point!

vines wrote: »
    Yeah....thanks for that :) Darren is awesome I have to say, I'll think about it and see, main prob is his studio is quite open....ppl walk in and chat to him all the time when he's tattooing.
    I'll have a think, nd thanks, good point!

If you request that its private, most tattoo artists would only be too happy to oblige.

If you request that its private, most tattoo artists would only be too happy to oblige.

it's more the layout of the tattoo parlour, altho I think he's gonna set up something at a separate place soon so he can spend whole days on tattoos without interruptions, so I'll see if that comes about :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

i dunno about Darren - but i frequently stay late and tattoo after closing time to accomodate people - maybe this is an option? It what I do when people feel uncomfortable (for whatever reason) with other people being present..

never thought of that....I'll ask, thanks for the tip! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 tattoomepink

hi, ok this is strange but I am looking to get a small tattoo kinda on the....well near the crotch so I am looking for a tattoo artist female one pls in dublin! anyone know anyone good? and please don't ask why I'm getting a tattoo there haha! :)

Again, depends what you want tattooed there...

Advertisement