Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr Martian - anyone used this company ?

Options
  • 09-12-2008 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭

Hi,

These guys seem to offer PSD to HTML services but they also turn a PSD into a 3 page Joomla site (homepage, standard page and contact page, i think) which sounds very handy.

Their site is here

I was originally going to chop up the PSD myself and learn how to integrate it into a Joomla but it sounds like this company could save me time and money.

Has anyone used them or are there similar companies (that integrate Joomla) ?

Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭The Mighty Ken

If their own site is anything to go by (nested tables, spacer gif's, etc) then no... steer well clear. They don't have a clue what they're doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

You'd be just aswell off doing it yourself to be honest.

Slightly off topic but has anyone tried using the export to CSS & HTML function on Fireworks CS4?

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭grahamor

Thanks for the info, i think ill give it a bash myself and save $400

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

I like doing this as well converting PSD to HTML and joomla, stops me from me forgetting things:pac:

Joomla's not the best. You should have a look at Expression Engine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

I have used PSD2HTML services brielfy and they we're decent, but seems this one isn't up to scratch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

one look under the bonnet of that site tells me to stay clear.

Nothing like a DIY job based on a template - looks the same as any amateurs site and saves $300 - €500

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Georgeprime

I accidentally came accross this thread and decided to offer my 2 cents. I recently used their service and after 5 days I received the zip file with the wordpress theme as promised. I also needed some changes to be done after the project was completed and they did them free of charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I accidentally came accross this thread and decided to offer my 2 cents. I recently used their service and after 5 days I received the zip file with the wordpress theme as promised. I also needed some changes to be done after the project was completed and they did them free of charge.
    Hi Dr. Martian!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

I accidentally came accross this thread

Course you did Dr. I mean George :D

• Advertisement

Nice first post Mr Martian. I'd highly recommend learning the basics of professional Web design - a.k.a Web standards and best practices for marking-up contemporary websites. Because what you're churning out is a bit crap really. Then again your prices are fairly decent. You get what you pay for I suppose.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

LOL, sussed straight off lol

Advertisement