Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 in Italy with E71

• 09-12-2008 2:46pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,222 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Going to Milan on Friday for a couple of days. I know I can use my minutes and tests while roaming on the 3 network over there.

I've had problems using data while in London on 3. Is there something I have to do to set it up?

Also will the GPS work over their with Nokia Maps? Persumably I'll need to download the local maps

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

kearnsr wrote: »
    Going to Milan on Friday for a couple of days. I know I can use my minutes and tests while roaming on the 3 network over there.

I've had problems using data while in London on 3. Is there something I have to do to set it up?

Also will the GPS work over their with Nokia Maps? Persumably I'll need to download the local maps

Don't know about 3's roaming,
    But you can download italy maps using the nokia maploader on pc...saves you data traffic on phone, and you can then use the maps on the phone without going online!
    But maybe you knew that? :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,222 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

strecker wrote: »
    Don't know about 3's roaming,
    But you can download italy maps using the nokia maploader on pc...saves you data traffic on phone, and you can then use the maps on the phone without going online!
    But maybe you knew that? :)

nope. Didnt know that. How do you do that?

nope. Didnt know that. How do you do that?

GoOgle nokia maploader (sorry, I'm on the phone right now).
    Install mapkoader on your pc, connect your phone, and the rest is straighforward. You can download the maps for continents or countries and transfer them straight to your phone. Thus, you don't need to go online later when using nokia maps on your phone.
    I think, actually, the maploader is part of the latest Nokia PC Suite!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

3 Pay SIM worked fine for me in Milan a few months back. Didn't have to do anything.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,222 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

long_b wrote: »
    3 Pay SIM worked fine for me in Milan a few months back. Didn't have to do anything.

what about data?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Ooops - forgot to say, only used it for data.

Used my 6120 Classic as a modem for my EEE, no probs.

Just looking at the map downloader now. Man it really is easy

Just looking at the map downloader now. Man it really is easy

Handy, isn't it?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

Italy's phone network is second to none - even on 3. You'll have little or no issues with voice or data. Enjoy, ya lucky fecker!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I had no problem with 3 Italy for data when I was there, was just a shame that their signal didn't carry over the mountain to Switzerland where I was actually staying.

• Advertisement
Advertisement