Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

My provisional license will expire before test

Options
  • 09-12-2008 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭

I failed my first attempt at a driving test today, and I've re-applied. My provisional expires in late February and I feel it's highly unlikely that I'll get a test date before then, but I may get for right after. Is there no way of extending a 1st provisional?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

No, but as far as I know you can apply for your second provisional a month or so before your first one expires. Just bring along a copy of your test letter if you have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭driverite

You dont need a letter to apply for a second learners permit,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭testing_times

Remember that you need to have you 2nd provisional for 6 months before you can do the test.
    I found out the hard way last week.
    I had the provisional when I was 17 - never used it so it expired.
    Now 12 years later I am got a new provisional in Sept - went to do the test last week but because I didn't have the provisional for 6 months I couldn't sit the test - sickend I was.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

You don't have to have your second provisional for six months before you do the test.

You are only required to have your first provisional for 6 months.

testingtimes - because your first provisional had been expired for more than five years, you got issued a new first provisional, not a second.
    You dont need a letter to apply for a second learners permit,
    No you don't, but I don't know if you'll be allowed apply for your second before your first has expired.

Advertisement