Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pcb's now found in beef

Options
  • 09-12-2008 3:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭

will there be such a huge "recall" on beef products?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Ian Beale

No recall for beef, out of the samples taken very few were positive, beef has better traceability and the pork situation never warranted a full recall.

If a supplier can verify 100% that their pigs weren't in contact with any of the contaminated animals and if they didn't use the feed from which the contamination came from then any products stockpiled since September 1st can be put up for resale. So the Government has shot itself in the foot, made a huge deal over nothing and has caused job losses which there going to have to pay compensation over :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,251 ✭✭✭ongarite

No need for a recall. PCB and dioxin level is 2-3 times legal limit compared to 200 times in pork. Amount of cattle this could affect is less than 1% of the national herd compared to nearly 10% of pig herd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

beef is 400 times the legal limit in pcb's now thats what their telling us but some tests showed 1,000 times the limit in pcb's. people are wondering why so many irish people are getting cancer theres your answer

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭boopolo

ongarite wrote: »
    No need for a recall. PCB and dioxin level is 2-3 times legal limit compared to 200 times in pork. Amount of cattle this could affect is less than 1% of the national herd compared to nearly 10% of pig herd.
    400 times limit, but it works different with beef than pork. 200 times in pork is a lot worse than 400 times in beef. I know this cause the guy on the TV said so.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

LOL
    if the government take this beef off the shelves then alot of people will be really pissed. wheres me leg of lamb wheres me ham wheres christmas ah sure never mind people have been eating this contaminated meat for ages whats the point of taking it off the shelves now let them enjoy it for christmas and then we will do a proper test on all the cattle. chicken will be next i bet you. lol

• Advertisement
Advertisement