Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SE C902 V SE C905

• 09-12-2008 3:18pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭

i have the chance to upgrade to either one of these phones.
    i like the look of the C902 better, the slimness etc etc

but of coursethe C905 has th 8MP camera.

price difference is 179 for C902 V 279 for C905.

is the C905 worth the extra 100 or is it mor than the extra MP in the camera your getting?

thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

C905 has GPS also doesn't it?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

adrian522 wrote: »

forgot about that!

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭eden_my_ass

and WiFi...

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭endaob

adrian522 wrote: »

Also has wifi, and can be used in conjunction with your PS3:

http://www.knowyourmobile.com/sonyericsson/sonyericssonc905/70137/sony_ericsson_c905_cybershot_first_impressions.html

"We saw the system demonstrated with a Sony Playstation 3 where, with the minimum of fuss, we could browse the music, videos and photos on the Sony Ericsson C905 on a high definition TV using the Playstation controller." Probably a bit of a gimmick, but nice nonetheless!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

C902 has a serious software/firmware problem shuts down randomly slow UI.
    Well the UI improves with firmware upgrades mine has in anyways. But the shutting down still happens.
    Not sure if this is all C902s or just a bad lot but apparently its very common.
    Haven't heard anything bad about the C905 yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Richie6904 wrote: »
    C902 has a serious software/firmware problem shuts down randomly slow UI.
    Well the UI improves with firmware upgrades mine has in anyways. But the shutting down still happens.
    Not sure if this is all C902s or just a bad lot but apparently its very common.
    Haven't heard anything bad about the C905 yet

yup, my 902 shuts itself down once every 3-4 days, it's only 5 weeks old, just waiting to get off my ass and update the firmware.

the 905 is very interesting, although i still hate the size of it, the streaming to a PS3 could be a very handy feature

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Anybody know the cheapest place to buy the c905?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭Elessar

Bryn wrote: »
    Anybody know the cheapest place to buy the c905?

www.three.ie - €379 but you'll have to unlock it.

Looks nice but I'm not convinced on its replacement-digital-camera marketing - it will never replace a digicam until it has a proper lens and optical zoom.

Based on the two though I would say it's the better of them!

Elessar wrote: »
    www.three.ie - €379 but you'll have to unlock it.

Can three phones be unlocked though?

Yes, several places on the net will do it for a small fee. Just search the net.

• Advertisement

Yes, several places on the net will do it for a small fee. Just search the net.

Thanks. If i unlocked it and then had a problem with it, would three still honour the warranty?

Thanks. If i unlocked it and then had a problem with it, would three still honour the warranty?

Hmm, gray area I think. I believe they would have to if it's a hardware fault, but they may argue if you've unlocked it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭su_dios

Hmm, gray area I think. I believe they would have to if it's a hardware fault, but they may argue if you've unlocked it.

Why bother with three go straight to any authorised SE repair agent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

kceire wrote: »
    forgot about that!
    The GPS is handy enough for occasional use, I'm using the w760 which also has the GPS, it's great if you manage to get lost or if you're somewhere you don't know. That said TBH I don't think most people driving around actually need sat nav's it's more of a gimmick.

Having used the C902 for a bit, I have to say I was well impressed, but needing it for work it was a bit of a nightmare when the phone was turning itself off, the w760 also does it a bit so I wouldn't be surprised if it happened with the c905.

If you think you'll actually use the features go with the c905, if you only think they are cool go with the c902 it's a much nicer size.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

You will void any warrenty you have on the handset with 3 once you unlock it (same goes for the other networks AFAIK but I am open to correction)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Why dont you just use it on 3, at least then you keep the warrenty.

Walkman wrote: »
    Why dont you just use it on 3, at least then you keep the warrenty.

I'm happy being on o2 and dont want to move network!

I'm happy being on o2 and dont want to move network!

It's available on O2 as well - might be worth checking their website to see if your due for an upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Wickerman1

Does anyone know if you get a external memory stick with the C902?

Not sure what you mean by "external memory stick".
    It comes with a 2GB M2 card in it and you get a USB adaptor for it

• Advertisement
Advertisement