Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Club LA??

• 09-12-2008 3:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭

Lads, do you remember club la? well for anyone who does, can you tell me what it was called after it was club la and before it was masons?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

The Rhythm Room if I remember correctly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭JackM_79

The Rhythm Room if I remember correctly

Good man yourself, yes the rhythm room, i remember it now. Thanks for that, you just settled an office argument!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Those were the days. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Bards

Adyx wrote: »
    Those were the days. :(

wasn't the "Rythym room" the downstairs bar in Club LA where the live bands used to play

Bards wrote: »
    wasn't the "Rythym room" the downstairs bar in Club LA where the live bands used to play

No, that was The Junction Bar!

Those were the days(or nights should i say) alright, had some good stalls in that place back before i hooked up with her in doors!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

the pub there before that was TRUMPS and before that was DAVY MAC'S

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

davy mac lives!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

longshanks wrote: »
    davy mac lives!!!!

Yeah he does. Always making strange noises and banging doors when I was cleaning up or stocking the bars. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭themonk

what you reckon it may get renamed again !!

davy titz the best lap dancin club in town

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Wasn't it the metroland before that too ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

Manties wrote: »
    Wasn't it the metroland before that too ?

eh that would be no
    the metroland was at the back of the metropole pub at the bottom of summer hill round about where the fitzwilliam hotel is now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

sure while were at it, remember flo motion aka choons !!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

JackM_79 wrote: »
    No, that was The Junction Bar!

Those were the days(or nights should i say) alright, had some good stalls in that place back before i hooked up with her in doors!!!

haha quality...

I remember when i first moved from Dublin down to the Deise i was drinking in there one night bopping along to a big of good ol rock music, when a dude came up to me in the jax and asked if i wanted to buy and bangers?

(me being from Dublin did not know that you guys referred to xtc as bangers, they were called Yokes in dublin at the time)

so i came out to the rest of the boys (also from Dublin) and said "some sham just tried selling me fireworks in the jax" we all agreed that this was quite weird until i told the story to a blaa mate who kindly informed me that i was indeed an idiot! hehehe :eek:

daftdave wrote: »
    sure while were at it, remember flo motion aka choons !!!!!

Jasus i remember Flo motion alright, got jumped on coming outa there one night, just meself and the lack, f*cker hit me from behind and knocked me out!! Woke up with a crowd around me and the lack after running up broad st after yer man!! Ha Ha!!

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭savic04

jesus Heahthen, he must of been D.S, because I seriosuly doubt any fella in Waterford would try to sell 'Bangers' to stranger with a Dub accent in the jacks!!! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Partizan

Club LA, what a spot. Brings back many a fond memory 1995-98. Happy days and also a good pick up joint. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Did it not begin as the L.A. Junction?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

efla wrote: »
    Did it not begin as the L.A. Junction?

No. A common mistke made with the name.

Advertisement