Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Good Panelbeater Bray/South Dublin area?

Options
  • 09-12-2008 4:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hi i just had a crash in my VW Golf 06 red in colour(not my fault) but was looking for a good panel beater in the bray/south dublin area? The insurance company are trying to get me to go to ACE Autobody but from what i hear of people they are not very good, it is my first car im looking to get a really good job done as i plan on keeping it 4 a while.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭villager

there is a fella shane byrne at bottom of applewood heights in greystones behind vets practice is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,995 ✭✭✭✭L1011

If its not your fault, I'd insist on using the main dealer to be honest... its the other drivers insurers responsibility to return the car to original nick.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭draycottgirlz

if its not your fault, and another insurance company are paying, get a quote from MSL on pottery road. For the job, which would inculde new panels. Then just down the road from there off Kill Ave there is a very good panel-beater

Much damage?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Hi i just had a crash in my VW Golf 06 red in colour(not my fault) but was looking for a good panel beater in the bray/south dublin area? The insurance company are trying to get me to go to ACE Autobody but from what i hear of people they are not very good, it is my first car im looking to get a really good job done as i plan on keeping it 4 a while.

If Ace Autobody in Bray is the same operation as Exclusive Autobody, then they are excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭hedgeh0g

Hi i just had a crash in my VW Golf 06 red in colour(not my fault) but was looking for a good panel beater in the bray / south dublin area? The insurance company are trying to get me to go to ACE Autobody but from what i hear of people they are not very good, it is my first car im looking to get a really good job done as i plan on keeping it 4 a while.

I got a very professional panel beating and spray painting job done at Alan Mears Services http://www.alanmears.com/
    (Behind OBriens off license Vevay Rd Bray)
    It was a light coloured door badly damaged and the colour match was 100% plus they looked after the insurance end of things for me and returned the car on time and clean.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

I just had a rear bumper replaced and some beating done by Dennings at Spa Well-a fairly well known approved crash repair centre (that does the work for Frank Keane's or so I heard)

Work (incl car hire and VAT) was €1520.

The same work from a main dealer? €3,000. Note that they took the car offsite to get the quote-all they do is supply the parts.

The same from a much less professional looking operation outside the M50 radius? €3,200 (€1600 for labour, which at garage rates equates to about 3 days worth as far as I can tell).

The other guy was paying but I had no interest in ripping him off, which is essentially what the +€3k places wanted to do as they knew I wasn't paying. No wonder insurance costs are/were high in this country.

Unless there is a warranty issue, I wouldn't be bothered going near a main dealer. They are only going to outsource the work anyway.

Note that in all 3 cases, the parts cost was the same.

Dennings were very professional-detailed quote by e-mail, 08 plate hire car, car was ready on time and they cleaned the whole car. Couldn't recommend them higgly enough-regardless of who is paying.

Advertisement