Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WHAT I SAW TODAY?

Options
  • 09-12-2008 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

I was stopped at traffic lights today and this 'foreign kid' starting cleaning my windscreen.he was only about ten years old.when i waved at him to stop and he didn't i splashed him with my windscreen water.he stopped then.
    Am I wrong not to feel guilty about doing this??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Where in Kilkenny did that happen?

They were doing it at the junctions on the Red Cow in Dublin about a year ago. If you put on your windscreen wash to stop them, they used to pull back your wipers.

F*ck*rs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

That happened to me not too long ago... The little fu*ker started washin my screen, i drowned him with water cos he wouldnt stop and i had only CLEANED MY CAR, he pulled back the wipers, breakin one.. I got out and nearly battered the sh*te out of him. I bet its harder to clean windscreens now that your in a wheelchair little fella......

I wouldnt feel bad about it, although im the kind of guy who drives thru big puddles beside a footpath about 10 past 2 on a really wet night outside the local nightclubs.....haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

I wouldnt feel bad about it, although im the kind of guy who drives thru big puddles beside a footpath about 10 past 2 on a really wet night outside the local nightclubs.....haha

Why?

Cos its a nice revenge after being in a nightclub, sober, and have almost everyone knock into you and either spill half their pint on me, or in the case of the ladies, stand on your foot with their three inch stilettos.

And i'm just reading my first post back there, i think i went a little OTT on the wheelchair bit, but he did get a slap off me... Apologies for anyone who thinks its a bit too much!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Haven't seen this in Kilkenny (yet) but did experience it at the poxy red cow. Usually the water the bastards put on your screen is filthier than the muck already on it :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 stan smith

mick_irl wrote: »
    Where in Kilkenny did that happen?

They were doing it at the junctions on the Red Cow in Dublin about a year ago. If you put on your windscreen wash to stop them, they used to pull back your wipers.

F*ck*rs.
    They were at the traffic lights near mcdonalds.beside little andys pub. passed back 2 hours later they were stil ther. they didnt touch my car tho after i sprayed them.lucky f**ks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 brockbobbins

You were dead right, I saw adults doing this on the parade a few weeks ago, they are just a nuisance, it must be a side earner from selling the roses and pick pocketing on a saturday night. The “recession” must be hitting them hard, its unusual to see them out in daylight!!! Its Time for them to start pulling the teeth and melting them down:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 stan smith

i think 'the guy with broken limbs' was outside the post office today.could hav been him.does be there quiet alot

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

That happened to me not too long ago... The little fu*ker started washin my screen, i drowned him with water cos he wouldnt stop and i had only CLEANED MY CAR, he pulled back the wipers, breakin one.. I got out and nearly battered the sh*te out of him. I bet its harder to clean windscreens now that your in a wheelchair little fella......

I got revenge on a clown like you except I wasn't drunk, I was on my way to work early in the morning, He'll never drown me in a puddle again:D.....
    Might post a thread on it on the motors forum if I get energy.

@stan smith
    I would of rolled over him.

Plug wrote: »
    I got revenge on a clown like you except I wasn't drunk, I was on my way to work early in the morning, He'll never drown me in a puddle again:D.....
    Might post a thread on it on the motors forum if I get energy.

@stan smith
    I would of rolled over him.

Please post it!! I'll know what to look out for the next time i go puddle splashin.....:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,476 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

yeah, I believe you :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Please post it!! I'll know what to look out for the next time i go puddle splashin.....:D
    I was cycling to work on the path and some freak comes up and drowns me and the others in the car are laughing at me, it was done on purpose. There's a truck in front of them and they come to a stop at the traffic lights at the army barracks.
    I cycled off the path and up to the driver side and kicked off his mirror. He was trying to get out a past the truck to catch me but luckily the lights were still red:D
    This was only about a month ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

I was cycling to work on the path and some freak comes up and drowns me and the others in the car are laughing at me, it was done on purpose. There's a truck in front of them and they come to a stop at the traffic lights at the army barracks.
    I cycled off the path and up to the driver side and kicked off his mirror. He was trying to get out a past the truck to catch me but luckily the lights were still red:D

Hahaha Good one man!

OP never seen this in Kilkenny before, would wreck my head if they did it to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

LOL!! Brilliant!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Just let them clean and then drive off. Easy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

They were in Waterford doing this during the summer. It was really annoying when you'd tell them to stop and they'd do it anyway and have their hand out at your window looking for money.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

I'll be terribly honest and admit I find it very heartening that not one person here so far has objected to having a go at these scam artists. I'm not talking about beating the hell out of a 10 year old but there's so many of these crooks and scam artists milling around Kilkenny at the moment that I have to say, I would absolutely condone aggression against them if they went too far. I've seen enough people get mugged and pickpocketed by them. And if they came near my car, I'd have no problem socking one of them in the mouth. Not a kid, just the adults. And not a woman. Just the men. The children and women I'd just spray with water. What can I say, I'm a gentleman.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MsFifers

Jaysus - whats the big deal? A child puts dirty water on your windscreen and the reaction is as if they tried to steal your kidneys or something.:rolleyes:

Can't believe no one has objected to the person who claimed to have hit the kid (a story I don't believe actually.).

Just drive off - whats the effing problem?

Some people must have serious "compensation" issues to take such satisfaction from feeling superior to people on the lowest rung of the ladder.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

It's annoying when you don't want your windscreen washed Ireland isn't exactly the dustiest country in the world.

Don't you find it annoying when you tell someone not to do something and they do it anyway and then expect money for it.

I find it hard to believe that you or anyone else will just willingly had over their cash to someone on the street. You don't know what they're going to do with the money. I'd rather give the money to a charitable cause one that I know and trust then just it over to some random person.
    MsFifers wrote:
    Just drive off
    It's not easy to just drive off when your behind another vehicle or at a red light.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MsFifers

Yeah - exactly - its an annoyance. Thats all. Its not life or death. I can't see why anyone would be driven to violence by some dirty water.

I never said to give them money btw. What I'm complaining about is the seeming acceptance here on Boards that its ok to hit such people.

I'm obviously alone in this. How disappointing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

MsFifers wrote: »
    Yeah - exactly - its an annoyance. Thats all. Its not life or death. I can't see why anyone would be driven to violence by some dirty water.

I never said to give them money btw. What I'm complaining about is the seeming acceptance here on Boards that its ok to hit such people.

I'm obviously alone in this. How disappointing.

You're not alone. I think everyone is completely overreacting. Let them clean your screen and drive off. Yes they're annoying but is it really the end of the World if they slosh some water on your screen? If you don't want them to do it that's fair enough but tell them no, or spray a bit of water like a few people have said. There's no point screaming and roaring at them or threatening violence. All you're doing is bullying if you take that route.

You're all very big and brave behind your keyboards, I'd love to know what you actually do when you're sitting in traffic and they approach the car. Probably sit there trying to avoid eye contact and hoping that the lights will turn green so you can get away from the scary man and his bucket of water.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

I tell them to **** off if that's any use.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

ergonomics wrote: »
    You're not alone. I think everyone is completely overreacting. Let them clean your screen and drive off. Yes they're annoying but is it really the end of the World if they slosh some water on your screen? If you don't want them to do it that's fair enough but tell them no, or spray a bit of water like a few people have said. There's no point screaming and roaring at them or threatening violence. All you're doing is bullying if you take that route.

You're all very big and brave behind your keyboards, I'd love to know what you actually do when you're sitting in traffic and they approach the car. Probably sit there trying to avoid eye contact and hoping that the lights will turn green so you can get away from the scary man and his bucket of water.

its not just a bit of water in some cases if you refuse to give them money they can break your wipers or side mirror. Some of the men who do it can be very aggressive and some people can find it very intimidating.

Its also dangerous if your at a busy junction and there's kids running around in front of your car. Kilkenny is already a massive pain in the ass to drive around without having people standing in the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭cooperla

Well done!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Doffaldinho

I seen this happening at the junction at Patricks Church, I was walking back to school and the 10 year old fellow start asking me for smoke so I started laughing at him and called him 1 or 2 names I learned from Lolocaust. There was this weird legged man with him, One of the girls in my class was telling me she saw him at someones car and the guy got out of the car and took him clean out with a slap and just got in a drove off as if nothing ever happened, Gutted I missed that part :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Cazzie

the same thing happened to me in cork a few months back at Dennehys cross. and they're not all foreign either - there was a few Irish guys washing windows too. i got an awful fright - i was on my own in the car when this guy throws a bucket of disgusting soapy water over my windscreen. i didn't know what he was doing so i locked the doors and put on the wipers. that didn't stop him so i lay on the horn until he backed away. i didn't care how many cars were around. he frightened me so i had to defend myself. had to wash the car later that week as it was all streaky from his dirty water.

Advertisement