Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Darkfall Mahirim Guild - The Grimclaw Tribe

• 09-12-2008 4:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭

Hello everyone,

Well hopefully it's finally time for me to move on from WoW to my new online home Darkfall. Since there's no roleplaying servers and probably only going to be 2-3 servers at launch, it means I'll finally be able to play an MMO with some boardsies.

At the moment I'm in process of creating a Mahirim based guild for when the game launches. The name of the guild is 'The Grimcaw Tribe' and at launch we'll only be taking any Mahirim characters. The guild will be intirely nomad,so we won't be building any guild cities. Instead we'll explore the world,hunting in packs and slaughtering our enemies.

We've allied ourself with both another Mahirim guild and an Ork guild who together aim to have three guild cities between them. They've assured me that we can have sanctuary in any of their cities should we need it.

I'm currently setting up a website for the guild and we've got about 10 members so far (real life friends and a few guildies from WoW) and I'd like to extend an invitation to any of you know who were considering playing as Mahirim in Darkfall next month. We're ideally. aiming for about 30-40 guild members.

If you'd like to join please let me know.

Cheers,
    Lep.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

Mahirim scumbag !
    Oversized mutt... I shall skin ye. :mad:

:p
    Best of luck with the guild. I'm gonna be goin Alfar with a large number of Europes best Ultima Online PvPrs. Cant wait lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Hmm, this is one of the few MMOs that I've been looking forward to that I wasnt in beta for... Really know very little about it, including what race I'll go. But your guild sounds very intriguing. Whats the restrictions of Mahrim, or are there any?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Tyrant^

KoKane wrote: »
    Mahirim scumbag !
    Oversized mutt... I shall skin ye. :mad:

:p
    Best of luck with the guild. I'm gonna be goin Alfar with a large number of Europes best Ultima Online PvPrs. Cant wait lol

Ultima online PvPrs ! WTF .... They wont be able to cut it in this game :cool:
    Reasons why ...
    1. They must be in there 30s by now :D
    2. You didnt need to aim in UO, meaing they cant aim as well as the king.
    3. Im the king...

So yeah.... You should join my guild tbqfh imo. lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

Ivan wrote: »
    Hmm, this is one of the few MMOs that I've been looking forward to that I wasnt in beta for... Really know very little about it, including what race I'll go. But your guild sounds very intriguing. Whats the restrictions of Mahrim, or are there any?

There's no racial resrictions for any race. While Mirdain/Alfar are supposadly the best casters(at least lore-wise) a Mahirim could be just as good if that's where he put his skills. In fact,Mahirim have a slight advantage over the other races in that they don't need mounts. They have an ability that allows them to run on all fours as fast as a mount,although they can certainly ride other races mounts.

Tyrant^ wrote: »
    Ultima online PvPrs ! WTF .... They wont be able to cut it in this game :cool:
    Reasons why ...
    1. They must be in there 30s by now :D
    2. You didnt need to aim in UO, meaing they cant aim as well as the king.
    3. Im the king...

So yeah.... You should join my guild tbqfh imo. lol

hehe
    Yeh in reality there is no advantage to anyone coming from any breed of MMO.

The only similiarities to UO and DF is the tough breaks you get when dieing and losing items, being griefed or pk'd by people just like you.

A lot of players who havent played UO will get upset when a "fellow" <insertrace> befriends them, earns their trust then butchers them taking everything of value.

Was gonna ramble on about FPS style casting (cant wait) etc but this is someones guild thread. Better not lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Pretty sure I'll be going Alfar. I like the look of em and they have the most natural targets 8)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Is Alfar the solo faction? I do kinda like the sound of that, but looking at practically the same character models could get tedious. Not to mention the essentially 1 character per account limitation... though I guess I'll have more than 1 account :p

Gotta admit though, plainsrunning sounds superb! :D

Yea Alfar are on their own, apparently they'll have a slight edge on the other races magic wise, no real info out there on this yet though.

Wouldn't be too keen on looking at just one race either but I'll probably end up in an all-race clan anyways.

Mahirim do sound awesome as well though, know a few people who are planning on using em too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭nix

Hummm this game sounds right up my way, fps/rpg = me kickin alot of ass

Funky wrote: »
    Yea Alfar are on their own, apparently they'll have a slight edge on the other races magic wise, no real info out there on this yet though.

Wouldn't be too keen on looking at just one race either but I'll probably end up in an all-race clan anyways.

Mahirim do sound awesome as well though, know a few people who are planning on using em too.

Well that "slight edge" you referr to kinda exists for all races.

As in, they all have a perk kinda, specific to their kind.

Alfar are particularly a magic type of race, best suited for magic casting etc, while Dwarfs obviously out do all the races when it comes to crafting

• Advertisement

Well that "slight edge" you referr to kinda exists for all races.

As in, they all have a perk kinda, specific to their kind.

Alfar are particularly a magic type of race, best suited for magic casting etc, while Dwarfs obviously out do all the races when it comes to crafting

Yea that's right, I wasn't saying because they're on their own they have an advantage... that's a ridiculous thought haha. But, unless you're in beta there's been no public information on whether these advantages are even implemented yet or make a noticeable difference. For all we know it might just mean starting with 2 magic rather than 1 :P

Yeah the whole privacy thing is annoying :/

If there are beta testers, they really are dedicated to the cause. No leaks or nothing.

edit -
    Thats the only bit of "leaked" material I know of.

Its only considered that because it was removed due to it containing the names of players, one of which (BCB) is a moderator on the forums.

Yea I'm pretty shocked there haven't been any leaks yet. Hopefully we'll get a bit of an open beta before it's released or even have the NDA dropped. Be nice to have an idea about what to do before logging in for the first time.

Advertisement