Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sick Dog??

Options
  • 09-12-2008 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭

So I have a 12 year old dog who seems to have developed a bit of a problem. On Sunday morning he seemed to lose the use of his two back legs. He was able to take a few steps but after that they would just give way. After about 30mins he was ok again

Last night the same thing happened again only this time with one of his front legs aswel. He didnt seem to be in pain and left me at his legs. After about 10mins this time he was back to normal.

I know I have to take him to the vet but it will be next Monday before I can get there.

Anyone have a similar situation with their dog? Could it be cramp or something more serious?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

I doubt it's cramp, mine usually yelp and they don't lose the use of their legs.

If it were my dog I wouldn't be waiting the best part of a week to have him seen, can you not organise something for him? If you can't get to the vet could you not at least ring the practice and talk to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭rotinaj

I got an appointment for tonight. The vet said it sounds like he is getting dead legs like we do but is gonna check him over to be sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭lucky111

Hey good luck with your dog, let us know how he gets on;)

Advertisement