Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conch Piercing

Options
  • 09-12-2008 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭

My next aim is to get my conch pierced. The lower one.
    I don't know that much about it. I've been googling but i thought i'd come to the all knowing members of the body mod forum to give me some advise and info.
    The first thing i'd like to know is the process.
    I've seen alot about different guages but i don't understand it to be honest.
    I was also wondering about healing time scale and problems with sleeping and ear phones etc.
    I live in cork so can anyone reccomend anyone?
    I got my tatt in tattoo zoo. Are they good for piercings too.?
    And would ye have a rough estimate on prices?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I haven't been to Tattoo Zoo in a while but I've heard a rumour Maurice is back piercing there. If it's true then he's your man.

Not really sure what you mean by lower conch. Do you mean like through the bottom of it, or placed towards the edge on the lower half? That'll determine the price for you.

Cartilage piercings are usually pierced at 1.6mm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

I saw there was two types of conch piercings- inner and outer. One at the top of the ear and one in the middle. I think the one i want is called the inner.

Ah cool. Well mine cost something like €35 with a ring and I believe it was around €40 with a bar. This was a few years ago however so the prices might be slightly different.

You should avoid sleeping on it for as long as possible and be careful with things like earphones for the first few weeks.

Healing wise, inner conches are okay as long as you take good care of them- don't fiddle or irritate them, soak them in salt water, don't overclean them. They will hate you if you neglect them or piss them off, but if you follow the advice the piercer gives you there shouldn't be any problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

do you mean the one i have in "ill show you mine " thread??

i got it dermal punched, wasnt sore at all tbh, like gauge said most are done at 1.6mm, noob to piercings so i will leave the rest of the explaining to the experts!

got mine done saturday 2 weeks ago , its fine and is healing nicely, can sleep on it with little discomfort, havent chanced the earphones yet:) , got my two done in the same day in Snakebite in Dublin and it as €75 euro.

:eek: You got two dermal punches for €75? Same day as I got mine done too! No fair :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

well it was for the sprial scaffold , so there only ickle!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

Yep same as yours emo. Just the inner one though.

Advertisement