Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Condensation in loft

• 09-12-2008 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭

I noticed that one half of the roof felt is covered in condensation. I don't know how this is happening as there are many soffit vents on either side and there is 250mm of insulation. As I say, only one half of the roof appears to be affected.

There are soffit vents every two feet along the front and rear soffits. The rear is south westerly facing so it gets the prevailing wind whereas the front doesn't and it's the front pitch which is affected by condensation. The soffit vents weren't obstructed but I've tamped down the insulation at the eaves just in case. The loft hatch is a trap door and there is a draught seal around it.

Any ideas what could be causing the condensation?

Also, I had planned putting down another layer of insulation but the insulation is damp. Should I wait until the weather warms up a bit (Spring) to give it chance to dry before adding another layer to it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Yorky - there are at least 3 threads discussing the same topic, is your problem different?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Yorky

Yorky - there are at least 3 threads discussing the same topic, is your problem different?

I don't know. Could you provide links to the threads?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭Heatherview

Yorky
    Soffit vents are generally not enough. have you any wall or roof vents in building ?? What type of roof is on your house. You will need probably Vents in gable or roof vents to solve this problem.
    Heatherview

Advertisement