Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Whats with all the Fiats at Citywest?

Options
  • 09-12-2008 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭

Was up at Citywest Hotel today. The yard beside that half built conference centre is packed with 06 & 07 Puntos.

Are they giving them away? The place was deserted apart from the cars.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

Yeah, remember hearing about a big trade-in promotion vs '03-'04 cars. Probably something on the FIAT Ireland site.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Yeah fiat are doing an upgrade for free apparently.

I wonder would the let you upgrade an 05 Punto as i could be sending the other half over

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 68,996 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Need to own for 6 months - bah. My brother has a munter of an 04 but he's only had it since September!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Yeah fiat are doing an upgrade for free apparently.
    There has to be a catch .. no clue as to what it is from the blurb on that website though. Does anyone have any idea what this "too good to be true" offer is really all about?

Not that I'm really interested .. Fiat don't do anything remotely like my current car (Focus C-Max) anyway.

Shifting old stock which isn't moving and from which they expect to get service income plus possible new sales?

I can't see their own dealer network being too delighted at the thought of not being able to see any GPs of that age; but that said there aren't even many around my local dealer atm - its mostly Bravos and Pandas they have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

joewicklow wrote: »
    Was up at Citywest Hotel today. The yard beside that half built conference centre is packed with 06 & 07 Puntos.

Are they giving them away? The place was deserted apart from the cars.

Only Punto's? Or were there others? And also Punto's, or Grande Punto's?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

i would say that the punto was some sort of company car and that company was probably havoing a conference or something.

everyone on the m50 has ford focuses and the car park looks like a ford dealership

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭View Profile

Not that I'm really interested .. Fiat don't do anything remotely like my current car (Focus C-Max) anyway.

Apart from the sexy Ulysse, Doblo, and Multipla that is. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Apart from the sexy Ulysse, Doblo, and Multipla that is. :D
    Exactly :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Demolition derby :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Hopefully that yard gets accidentally burned down tonight....

Oops did i say that out loud?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

notice that they don't want fiats lol

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Darsad

How could this possibly be good marketing . All it says to me is Fiat are sh1t as were happy to take an 05 corrola and give you an 07 Punto.

Darsad wrote: »
    How could this possibly be good marketing . All it says to me is Fiat are sh1t as were happy to take an 05 corrola and give you an 07 Punto.

Not quite what they intended it to say, and also not accurate - for one thing, the 05 Corrolla would be well out of warranty but an 07 Punto would be covered for another 2 years. Fiat are not unreliable any more, and they back that up with warranty/assist plans.

However, if thats the impression its giving, their marketing department haven't done this properly!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

Hopefully its a test site for a new H-Bomb

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Hammertime wrote: »
    Hopefully its a test site for a new H-Bomb

May I suggest you install a special Fiat punto pump in your garage and fill the tanks with sugar.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

How do I get them to take a non-running 02 Mazda 2.0d ? :confused::confused::confused: I'd happily swop it for a running Fiat ! :D

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Wtf? How does this work?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭paikea

Just came back from the hotel.

Basically they have a lot of 07 puntos (@10k euro), 07 Sedicis (@16k euro), 06 Pandas and another one I don't know the name and they will make an offer on your car. They made a good offer on mine (00 Fiat Punto for 4k euro).

The puntos have between 15 and 25k kilometers, eletrics, CD, 3 year (or was it 4?) warranty, 3 year AA service. You can choose between any of the cars they have parked there. They are all priced equally (per model obviously).

Also, I felt there was room for negotiation... I could have tried to bring the price down but even if I get to 5k pay it would be a lot to spend now...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

paikea wrote: »
    Just came back from the hotel.

Basically they have a lot of 07 puntos (@10k euro), 07 Sedicis (@16k euro), 06 Pandas and another one I don't know the name and they will make an offer on your car. They made a good offer on mine (00 Fiat Punto for 4k euro).

How much were the Panda's?

• Advertisement

Spun down with a mate; they are taking Fiats - the compound of "swapped out" cars is full of Mark 2's - and a Panda which I expect will be back out on sale shortly! Its not a direct swap, they value the car market then up the valuation, usually works out at a similar type, two years older car swapping over according to the bloke I spoke to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

FIAT Ireland CEO was on Newstalk this morning. He tried to put a positive spin on it (change your current car for a newer, more eco-friendly FIAT blah-blah).

Sounds like desperate measures to me - they want to transform their stockpile of Puntos into a heap of cash and a collection of p/x rustbuckets.

Friend of mine just got an '07 Panda there. 4,900 euro with a '93 Micra traded in!

• Registered Users Posts: 65,457 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Cionád wrote: »
    Friend of mine just got an '07 Panda there. 4,900 euro with a '93 Micra traded in!

That's a fantastic deal!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

^^ Sounds like great value to me, given the 93 micra is pretty much worthless.

Stephen wrote: »
    ^^ Sounds like great value to me, given the 93 micra is pretty much worthless.

I know, and the NCT is out in January! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Mailman

you wouldn't buy an '07 Panda for less than €6500 in any dealership so they allowed over €1500 for that worn out Micra.
    '07 Panda would have 3 years of 4 year warranty remaining and an MP3 CD player.

Advertisement