Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dinner on xmas eve

Options
  • 09-12-2008 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

Trying to get a few mates together for a sophistimicated dinner on Xmas eve, actually anywhere that does plates and knives & forks will do. We tried it a few years back, but everywhere was closing far too early, we ended up in a dodgy chinese off oliver plunkett street. Any recommendations for somewhere that will be open up to say 11pm on xmas eve?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

could you cook for them yourself? I would feel awful keeping people away from their families until 11pm on christmas eve. sorry, I know that doesn't answer your question.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Well, it's not like i'm forcing them. These are generally people who have no responsibilities or commitments around this time of year. Hence the dinner really, it's a social thing. Also, I'm not sure they'd be too impressed with my cheese on toast and boiled eggs

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭be wide of me

Other than Ethnic restaurants i'd say you would be lucky to find a place, most places would do a double sitting lunch! That's about your lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

I meant the staff in the restaurant.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I'd imagine any of the big hotels.

• Advertisement
Advertisement