Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Alarm System For Home

• 09-12-2008 5:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭

Hi, sorry if this is in the wrong section!

I'm looking to get an alarm system fitted in my house (Co. Donegal) where's a good place to start looking/comparing quotes etc & what companies are good value? i had a look around on the web but there's a multitude of info and i don't know where to start!

Anybody have good first hand experience of an alarm fitting company?

How much can i expect to be paying for a system fitted? don't need CCTV or anything fancy.... just a very loud noise if anyone tries to break in ;)

Also i saw on some sites, it asked if the house was pre-wired. What does this mean?

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Here is the register of all PSA licenced installers.
    http://www.psa.gov.ie/Website/psa/psa.nsf/registervw?Openform
    1D is the register you want

Legally these are the only company's you can use. For your own good keep away from unlicenced people the PSA are strict in enforcing this.Prewired means that the house was wired for a system during construction or renovations. If your house is prewired you will see cables at each window etc.
    For a prwired house expect to pay €750- €900
    For unwired it varies a lot depending if you want wirless or how easy cable runs would be..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Thanks for that, What if i bought an alarm system first, how much would it cost to get someone in to just fit the thing (roughly!)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Again it depends if the house is prewired or not.
    On a prewired house you should pay between €200 - €350
    If you are getting the house wired that is going to be the bigger part of the cost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Nice one, thanks again Koolkid! you've been a great help. :)

You welcome, if ya need anything PM me anytime..

• Advertisement
Advertisement