Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm homophobic

• 09-12-2008 5:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭

I find homosexuality revolting. When I see camp guys I just feel sick. I avoid certain parts of Dublin city so I don't have to see them. I even moved to Northern Ireland because people have proper values up here.

I'm not exactly scared of them but everyone I know assures me I am homophobic. Has anyone got any tips on dealing with this phobia?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 980 ✭✭✭stevedublin

stick a banana up yer bum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

They are all over the place including Northern Ireland. If campness is what you don't like then find yourself a macho one, talk to him and see where it go's from there;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Fatloss08

Orla K wrote: »
    They are all over the place including Northern Ireland. If campness is what you don't like then find yourself a macho one, talk to him and see where it go's from there;)

ha ha quality

i dont mind gays at all , just as long as they dont come near me they can do what they like etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,146 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

If some people can't help being gay, then some people can't help finding homosexuality disgusting. Nothing wrong with that imo.

Moving country purely to avoid gays may be taking it a bit far now. That wasn't the only reason you moved was it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Fatloss08 wrote: »
    i dont mind gays at all , just as long as they dont come near me they can do what they like etc
    Wow, how tolerant you are - "you don't mind gays as long as they don't come near you"... therefore you DO mind gays. What do you think would happen if they came near you? They'd rape you right? Cuz you're a guy?

OP, you know damn well what the difference is between an irrational fear of something and an intense dislike of something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Dudess wrote: »
    OP, you know damn well what the difference is between an irrational fear of something and an intense dislike of something.

I'm not homophobic, I'm just afraid of gay people!" - ancient proverb.

I've noticed the phrase homophobic is often associated with people who hate gay people, as opposed to fear them. Perhaps the confusion lies here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Dudess wrote: »
    Wow, how tolerant you are - "you don't mind gays as long as they don't come near you"... therefore you DO mind gays. What do you think would happen if they came near you? They'd rape you right? Cuz you're a guy?

Maybe he has an irrational fear of them?

Some people find open spaces sickening.

they throw up at the thought of it..

they avoid leaving the house so they don't enter the space that mkaes them feel sick.

Sounds very much like he has an irrational fear...

it is possible...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement