Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

POker Highlight of yer year???

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

nothing this year can compare to the atmosphere from Martys final table in Vegas. The craic and atmosphere was quite simply unbelieveable. Having witnessed it from the time the first card was dealt to the club peeling off on the river in the final hand it was quite simply electric.

If I had died the following day I would have died happy in the knowledge that days like I had surrounding that final table in vegas would be scarce in my lifetime.

you probably had to be one of the 30 or 40 people there to understand it.

I cannot believe i did not make it over to watch this, pretty sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,404 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

Watching Mark Strahan open-mouthed in disbelief when he got it all in with JJ v KJ after posting the BB for no reason in MP.
    I doubt I'll ever laugh that much again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

Still awaiting the dream moment

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Mauricmo

I finally made a pair this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Fairly much all lowlights for me, roll on 2009.

Suppose itd have to be buying into 2 small tournaments on microgaming, dropping 500 in cash games while still in the tournies leaving my account balance at zero, winning the $5 freezeout for $540, finding one of the softest 5/10NL games ever, jump in for the 540 and leave 15mins later with 1500.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

Hard to choose...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭sickpuppy

Not going broke
    not lending money which has not been returned
    only once borrowing a taxi fare to go home i was half cut night of jackpot cash league final
    not punching slowrollers and rude dumb gimps at the table esp in jackpot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

sickpuppy wrote: »
    Not going broke
    only once borrowing a taxi fare to go home i was half cut night of jackpot cash league final
    not punching slowrollers and rude dumb gimps at the table esp in jackpot.

Yes will be following that rule myself in 2009

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

sickpuppy wrote: »
    quote]

every banker in the country sighs in agreement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭pierce hard

finally making it as a real poker player.

also achieving immortal greatness :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭CourierCollie

Discovering Boards.
    Playing Omaha for the first time ever in the Jackpot, and finding out about an hour later that you had to use 2 cards.
    Getting another wee entry here http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=94750

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭aidankk

Playing my second CTP:o:o event getting to heads up and offering the other guy some kind of deal, (1st 3.5k +ticket second 1.5k + ticket), he was really arrogant in refusing any kind of deal.. (sunglass wearing, poker clothing talking of wsop etc)

I raise and bet every pot heads up until till he was mad enough to call my river all in when i had turned a straight in a raised pot with 34os:D..

Still never went back to CPT since..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 bannanababy14

definite highlight was my starting table at the 1650 side event at irish open. seat 1-jude ainsworth seat2-john kalmar seat5-andreas hoivold seat9-mike(timex)mcdonald and me seat4. great experience and eventually cashed........just 26 place. also took down a Pokerstars Caribbean adventure package via the steps system on stars. cant wait:D

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭cashville

I broke my wrist playing football back in August so I had plenty of time for playing....three days later I came 7th in the 80k on stars and took around $2k, was playin regularly every day and was happy with my game....a couple of weeks later I came 2nd in the 50k and took home $5k...was up a nice few quid which helped alleviate the pain of my bandy wrist. I know it's not a live story....haven't got to play much live this year.

Some good stories,congrats to all who have done well this year.

Advertisement