Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

yahoo, clearwire

Options
  • 09-12-2008 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭

I can get on every site except the yahoo one. Is there anyway I can solve this? If you do know a way could you give me a step by step guide as to what to do.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

I find this sometime myself that sometimes i will get yahoo up other times i won't. What do you have mac or pc? What browser do you use, firefox or internet explorer?

I'd say it'll be a call to clearwire direct really

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

pc/mac I've both but at the moment I'm too lazy to get up and go into the other room for the mac, so pc

Internet explorer or firefox, both as well, neither of which are doing anything on yahoo

Ok i only have a mac running safari or firefox. Sometimes it just doesn't log in/ it can take a while to download. Its downloading on the PS3.

Im not much help but a call to clearwire will have to be made and ask them as to why its happening. Sorry im not much help.

Maybe somebody will tell you different

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

Not working on the mac either, firefox or safari. I would ring except that I don't have enough credit, and I know they'll just leave me pushing buttons and waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Orla K wrote: »
    Not working on the mac either, firefox or safari. I would ring except that I don't have enough credit, and I know they'll just leave me pushing buttons and waiting.

There's a couple of threads about this!

I rang Clearwire and they insist it is a Yahoo compatibility problem, NOT a Clearwire problem.

I'm ringing them again later when I get time.... :mad:

• Advertisement

That is unbeliveable. How come its working everyplace else. I think calls should be made from all of us!

I rang them and got a most unhelpful person.

They still maintain it is NOT their problem. What a crap job though , to be on that phoneline for Clearwire and put up with all the irrate callers.

I was promised a "callback"

Next stop, Comreg!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

Change the MTU on your network card to 1480 bytes - for a tool to do this for Windows go here http://www.dslreports.com/drtcp ....restart PC then try Yahoo.

crawler wrote: »
    Change the MTU on your network card to 1480 bytes - for a tool to do this for Windows go here http://www.dslreports.com/drtcp ....restart PC then try Yahoo.

What is that?? :confused:

And what will it do?

Anyway, Yahoo is back now again, but for how long.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

Well it wont hurt your PC in any way :)

I am guessing that there may be a link in their network that does not support something known as "Jumbo frames" therefore with the MPLS overhead that the MTU is too big to pass. This will impact some sites, Yahoo is one of them.....

I would imagine it works sometimes depending on which way the traffic is routed and if you happen to be using that link or not....

there is a much longer explanation to this which would bore you to death if I went into it!!

By the way, I am only guessing here....and if you take a note of the MTU size when you first open DrTCP, you can always change it back....

• Advertisement

Thanks crawler! I did that... I think! But think I didn't do it right!!! It hasn't worked anyway....

Does it matter that I have vista??

Where do I put in 1480 bytes? Sorry, am a bit dim about these things! :o

Advertisement