Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hei

• 09-12-2008 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

hei

I didn't know this forum existed.

I'm learning norwegian. Well i know lots of words but my grammar sucks - as my norwegian friends always tell me.

I've been to norway a few times and the nature is beautiful, inspiring. Being on the mountain hearing only the eagles or a few other birds making noises. Climbing snowy peaks with the only trails you the see in the snow the ones belonging to you and your partner, some deer ones and large lynx footprints. It is a wonderful country. Expensive and the food bland but the nature aspect makes up for all of that.

But let me say, Norway does one hell of a pizza. Dolly Dimples - a really good pizza place. Hot dogs and pizza was what we ate all the times we went out for lunch or dinner. Most of the time though we just cooked in the cabin we rented.

And if there are norwegians here can you explain to me a little bit about this 7 types of biscuits you have for Christmas.

Hygg seg

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Skadi wrote: »

And if there are norwegians here can you explain to me a little bit about this 7 types of biscuits you have for Christmas.

Hygg seg

I dunno about 7 types, I counted over a dozen variety of julekaker (christmans cookies) at home this Christmas, enough eating until June! :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Overflow

Hei, Jeg bor her i Sør-Norge, men jeg er fra irland. Jeg møtte en norsk jente for noen år siden, som tok meg hjemme med henne :) Du er riktig det er et vakkert land og norsk folk spiser masse pølse og pizza, Dolly Dimples pizza smak det veldig godt. Jeg er ikke så flink i norsk men jeg prøver å lære så kanskje jeg har gjort noen feil :)

Jeg har ikke hørt om disse norsk julekakker du snakke om, men jeg har vært på mange julebord og spist pinnekjøtt og ribbe, det var rart, men smakfull.

Ha det!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Skadi

norske din er bedre enn min. :)

vennen min spiser pizza alltid :eek: but those pizzas with the meatballs on are the best.

Hopefully i will return to norway sometime this year. My friend promised to show me the old viking places around his home town.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭mrstpatsfc

hei

jeg kan bare lit norsk.

im looking to advance my grasp of the language was wondering has anyone got any useful tips on how to do it?(without attending courses etc).

takk

RBK-Stolt Framtid,Stolt Fortid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Overflow

Hi

You could try reading the Norwegian newspapers/news sites online everyday, with a dictionary of course:

www.vg.no
    www.aftenposten.no
    www.nrk.no
    www.dagbladet.no

Also someone told me here that knew someone who learnt Norwegian when they immigrated here by reading kids comics :)

You should also try a book called 'Ny i Norge' its the book you get over here when you get lessons that are run by the local community. Its pretty good.

• Advertisement

takk :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Foxen

I'm pretty surprised that there's Irish people who're learning Norwegian. :rolleyes:

Jeg er ganske overrasket over at det er irer som lærer seg norsk.

Why do you want to learn Norwegian?

im a huge fan of rosenborg and plan on moving to trondheim in the near future.thats pretty much it ,always loved the countrys football so it stemmed from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭Brian CivilEng

Hey all, I'm learning Norwegian too as my girlfriend is from Oslo. I did a course in the Sandford Language Institute and now I try to practise by listening to Norwegian radio on the net and reading Aftenposten. I'm still not very confident in speaking the language, although I am getting much better at understanding it.

Advertisement