Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wicked Dog

Options
  • 09-12-2008 5:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I walk quite a lot and sometimes I go through an estate to avoid the main road but twice in the past few weeks I've been through it and a large dog has come running at me barking, growling, attempting to nip the back of my leg.
    The first time I was going to ring the Gardaí but have heard from past experiences of people that they can't do anything (don't know if this is true :confused:) and the second time the owner saw it and came out and hit it. My question is what should or can be done in situations like these?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

fifomania wrote: »
    Hi,
    I walk quite a lot and sometimes I go through an estate to avoid the main road but twice in the past few weeks I've been through it and a large dog has come running at me barking, growling, attempting to nip the back of my leg.
    The first time I was going to ring the Gardaí but have heard from past experiences of people that they can't do anything (don't know if this is true :confused:) and the second time the owner saw it and came out and hit it. My question is what should or can be done in situations like these?

Report the owner to the police and your area's dog warden ASAP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Weidii

Mm, if the owner knows the dog is acting like that surely they shouldn't be letting it loose around the estate. (Unless they want it to be put down)

What breed is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭fifomania

Can't say what breed it is, could be a cross. This is how ignorant I am about dog breeds even though I love dogs! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Weidii

I was just trying to gather whether it was small/big :P

Advertisement