Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

today fm now

Options
  • 09-12-2008 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭

Talking bout handgun ban

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Any chance of the highlights I cannt listen ATM. Anyone know if its avaialble as an archive anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭sixpointfive

Ah it wasnt much about it, some FF member talked about it for a couple of min in relation to the tragedy at North Wall then they moved on to asbo chat,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

fair play to matt copper ,when the dick head started to go about the gov taking guns from the streets and a clamp down on gun owner ship .matt pointed out its not the licenced ones that are the problem .and what are the gov going to do about the gangs and the un licenced ones the guy bull****ted on about some thing else . this goverment we have now would not run a turkey raffle ,this country is going down the tubes ,if i was a younger man i would head to nz in a shot

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭sixpointfive

Same as that, thought hard about NZ, never too late

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Came back here 16 years ago for a mates wedding..Been here ever since.
    [Worst decision of my life,:rolleyes:]
    Soon as the old one passes on I
    am back out of here like a shot to the US .
    Even if President Hillary Clinton and the Obama nation have managed to ruin it.It will still be more pro gun ownership than this place EVER will.Fuk it !!!even the Left Coast of California with its crazy gun laws are more liberal than here.:eek:
    Failing that and I have enough money Switzerland...Now THAT is a shooters country!As many shooting ranges in every town as we have GAA pitches.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Heckler

Another guest, Malachy something or other, from some residents assocation pointed out the stupidity of the minister banning legal handguns. He said something along the lines of, "i don't think these criminals arrive in to their local inspector looking for a licence for his glock 9mm". Cypriot Brady had nothing to respond with.

The guest also pointed out that any ban on legal handguns would just be the Minister wanting to look to be doing something as opposed to actually dealing with handgun crime in a sensible manner.

Good man, Malachy !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Heckler wrote: »
    Another guest, Malachy something or other, from some residents assocation pointed out the stupidity of the minister banning legal handguns. He said something along the lines of, "i don't think these criminals arrive in to their local inspector looking for a licence for his glock 9mm". Cypriot Brady had nothing to respond with.

The guest also pointed out that any ban on legal handguns would just be the Minister wanting to look to be doing something as opposed to actually dealing with handgun crime in a sensible manner.

Good man, Malachy !!

That is really good to hear. Especially from someone who is not a firearm owner.

Not that it should make any difference, it's just nice to see that people aren't letting any wool be pulled over their eyes anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭chem

Advertisement