Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best breakfast in kilkenny?

Options
  • 09-12-2008 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

i know it may seem an odd question now,but where can/could you get the best breakfast in kilkenny?
    I would have to recommend the breakfast paninni in the gourmet store.when the metropole was open the breakfast was really good

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Rafter Dempsy's!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 stan smith

Rafter Dempsy's!

can be a bit hit and miss ive found lately.most of the time its ok

really?? I love there all day brunch...so good, then again it's been two months since i've been in there

Yeah sometimes if yo u get brunch it comes out really really quickly. its like its been fried of earlier and being used as needed. kinda depends wat chef is on me thinks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I used to get the All Day brunch in Rafter Dempseys on a Saturday, but it went seriously downhill. As mentioned before, sometimes it tasted like it was reheated and another time I found blue plastic in my food, so I never returned. My vote would have to go to Bla Bla Bla's breakfast bla/roll and in 2nd place, Blueberry's Breakfast roll.

• Advertisement

Nightwish wrote: »
    I used to get the All Day brunch in Rafter Dempseys on a Saturday, but it went seriously downhill. As mentioned before, sometimes it tasted like it was reheated and another time I found blue plastic in my food, so I never returned. My vote would have to go to Bla Bla Bla's breakfast bla/roll and in 2nd place, Blueberry's Breakfast roll.

havent tried blueberrys breakfast roll.must do wen things get back to normal.hav eaten from bla bla a few times.sandwiches are decent.
    cant tink of anywhere else outstanding?marble city not bad.mushrooms a bit funky tho.dores is a rip off merchant.

oh actually do you know where nice...morriseys and the fields...not breakfast unless you work nights...but if you do, these have some cracking food.
    The ground floor/fresh do nice panini's

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

stan smith wrote: »
    I would have to recommend the breakfast paninni in the gourmet store.

+1

That restaurant above the Book Centre used to do a good breakfast, but I've not been there in years.

I never, ever think of going to Bla, Bla, Bla. Must give it a lash sometime.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Supra lover 87

What about matt the millers heard they do great food

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

mick_irl wrote: »
    +1

That restaurant above the Book Centre used to do a good breakfast, but I've not been there in years.

Their pannini's are gorgeous. Always cooked perfectly.

The Coffee Club on Rose Inn Street did the best breakfasts until they closed. I'm still not over it. I rarely eat breakfast in town anymore but when I do I'll go for a bagel in Mocha, even if they are way overpriced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

What are the bagels like in Mocha?

I was gutted when Zuni's closed their small shop on Rose Inn St. The Bagels and coffee there was good.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

The Coffee Club used to do the best breakfasts in town until they closed last year.

Right now The Field is the best value for money. They only lose points for the lack of beans. Then again, nowhere seems to throw beans in these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭jiggajt

I usually go for matt the millers all day brunch if its a fry im after. Went into o faoilains last weekend for one. It was ok but it was only a tenner and you get a huge feed and a massive pot of tea. Matts would definately get my vote though.

Advertisement