Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oz for three months, WHV.

Options
  • 09-12-2008 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭

Hey
    I'm planning on heading over for the Irish summer (June,July,August) with my GF. We are both 22, (She has an Arts degree, but will be in the middle of a post grad for primary teaching and I'll be entering into the final year of a business degree, we will be working to support us while we are over there.)
    Thinking Cairns or Darwin as would like some decent weather.

Just looking for people's opinions on both of these places. Any good sites to use for looking into accomadation etc?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

shoutman wrote: »
    Hey
    I'm planning on heading over for the Irish summer (June,July,August) with my GF. We are both 22, (She has an Arts degree, but will be in the middle of a post grad for primary teaching and I'll be entering into the final year of a business degree, we will be working to support us while we are over there.)
    Thinking Cairns or Darwin as would like some decent weather.

Just looking for people's opinions on both of these places. Any good sites to use for looking into accomadation etc?

Thanks in advance.
    Darwin will be great around that time - well great ish - it will be winter and despite people believing Australia is year round sunshine darwin is an expection - their 'winter' is actually fab
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/world/city_guides/results.shtml?tt=TT002980
    really nice weather. But ..... it's not really that exciting, nothing major is.
    The main attractions around darwin will be Catherine Gorge, kakadu & litchfield, which will be just opened then after the rainey season, best to visit these when all the roads are open and waterfalls are flowing

There are loads of backpacker places (double room etc) or I'm sure you can find short term accomadation

Cairns is a good bit cooler with avg temp's around 17-25c it is not that hot then and you will need a jacket for the nights.

Cairns is more of a party town, there is lots to do, but mainly involves the great barrier reef.

I'd pick darwin, but for 3 months .... that is stretching it.

Advertisement