Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is Leixlip in Naas?

• 09-12-2008 6:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,937 ✭✭✭

Sounds weird, but is there some legacy item from An Post which says that Leixlip is in Naas?

I live in Leixlip and the reason I ask is that I often recieve post (from Sky Ireland, UPC etc) which states my address as follows:

1 Random Street
    Leixlip
    Nass
    Co. Kildare.

Even though I would have never specified Naas on any setup form or online etc.

Post from these providers is often delayed by a few days. I've asked them to correct it on their systems, yet it remains there for some reason. :eek:

Has anybody else seen this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Ian Beale

Yup seen it all the time and I don't know why either, I recently bought something from apple and I typed in Town: Leixlip
    Hit the next button to continue...
    Name: XXXXXX XXXXXXXX
    Address:XXXXXXXXXX
    Naas
    Co.Kildare
    Every single thing I did it kept putting Naas instead of Leixlip and it wasn't a drop down box. Like An Post goes to Port Laoise Depot and then it goes to the Maynooth Depot so I don't know why it has anything to do with Naas, perhaps they consider every town in Kildare a field apart from Naas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Same here. My NTL bill comes in as Leixlip, Naas, Co Kildare.

I never said anything to them about Naas when i setup the account, so i'm assuming its something that their system automatically does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭baztard

NTL/UPC & Sky, both foreign companies that don't have a clue by the sounds of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,937 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Cheers - I thought I was going mad!

I wonder where they are getting their info and if it causes a problem for An Post regarding delivery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

JDxtra wrote: »
    Cheers - I thought I was going mad!

I wonder where they are getting their info and if it causes a problem for An Post regarding delivery.

It must not. I too get the same on my posts, I even rang one crowd to tell them to remove NAAS from my postal address, and they did - along with Leixlip, Co. Kildare.

Now my address on the bill from that crowd which comes monthly is listed as:

123 My Street
    Leixlip

...and it still gets here without issue. I think we are the only Leixlip in Ireland so nothing gets lost sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

I'd imagine naas is the local distribution office. I'm in clane, and a lot of my post has a mysterious Naas on it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Joe Public

It's for the same reason as you used to have Athy, Portlaoise as a valid address on letters.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭fonda

CptSternn wrote: »
    I think we are the only Leixlip in Ireland so nothing gets lost sure.

There's one in meath according to google maps ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Declan30

The reason is because Naas is kildares main town and its also our main sorting office. Im Prosperous, Naas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Is there not a big office up in maynooth business park?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Don't think the one in Maynooth is a sorting office, its for parcels I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Those companies use An Post's GeoDirectory, I'd guess, and An Post routing says stuff should go via Naas.

Maynooth is just a local sorting office, AFAIK, with a parcels division as well (used be handled separately by SDS).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Snickit

Dominos online ordering has me down as ******,LEIXLIP,NAAS.
    I was afraid to order at first then i realised that if it doesnt come I dont have to pay :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 828 ✭✭✭hognef

You can verify any Irish address using the An Post tool here: http://address.anpost.ie/precisionaddressanpost/precisionaddresspost.aspx

Requires registration, but is free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

It all went downhill after my father retired and they closed the sorting office in Leixlip.

I too get some post with Naas in the address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭slumped

JDxtra wrote: »
    I live in Leixlip and the reason I ask is that I often recieve post (from Sky Ireland, UPC etc) which states my address as follows:

1 Random Street
    Leixlip
    Nass
    Co. Kildare.

Hey - that's my address.

Advertisement